Rho AI was founded in 2012 by a small team of entrepreneurs, engineers, and data scientists. We set out to develop custom software for professional motorsports to predict an optimal race strategy, and since then, our real-time strategy recommendations have factored heavily into multiple victories on the NASCAR circuit.
Today, Rho AI’s data-driven products & services are used in a wide range of industries, with a growing focus on sustainable systems (e.g. energy, water, climate, waste). We value pragmatic solutions and have cultivated a modern technology stack that combines software development (python microservices, react frontends), infrastructure automation (docker, kubernetes), and machine learning (scikit-learn, pytorch) into a developer-friendly CICD flow.
Why Rho AI?
- The people - dependable, driven, and collaborative team.
- The problems - mix of products and services across diverse domains.
- The tech - modern tools to build pragmatic data-driven applications.
- The structure - 100% remote-only team & self-funded since 2012.
Sound interesting? Please reach out if:
You are looking to:
- Develop products and services for advanced machine learning applications in interesting and important problem spaces.
- Join a group of talented and congenial team members in an experienced individual contributor role (mix of architecting / building / mentoring), with future people management opportunities (if you like).
- Lead engineering projects by collaborating with team members and customers, facilitating technology architecture decisions, driving forward work streams, and releasing high quality software.
- Work on all layers—designing database schemas, connecting AWS services, building python services that leverage machine learning libraries, crafting frontend features, etc.
- (Must) Been the tech lead of a project that uses a Python based stack.
- (Must) Good communication skills for technical and non-technical audiences.
- (Must) Experience deploying systems with some mix of AWS/Docker/Ansible/etc.
- (Must) Worked on all layers of the stack - databases, services, and frontends.
- (Must) A collaborative attitude oriented around craftsmanship and team success.
- (Should) An interest in systems thinking & enjoy stitching components together.
- (Should) Have experience working within a microservices oriented architecture.
- (Nice) Built systems that process large amounts of data and/or traffic.
- (Nice) Strong computer science principles, and/or algorithmic skills.
- (Nice) Experience with machine learning applications.
You would like these perks:
- Work from anywhere in the US! Rho AI is a tight-knit, fully distributed team.
- Work with a highly engaged team, learn together, and make decisions that impact the whole company.
- Benefits, including health insurance and 401k.
You meet these criteria:
- You are seeking a full-time job.
- You reside in the United States.
- You are authorized / eligible to work for any company in the United States.
- You are in a continental US time zone, or willing to align your schedule.
To get an interview, you must supply:
- A cover letter that explains why you are 1) specifically interested in Rho AI as a company and 2) a good fit for this particular position.
- A resume that includes: 1) your relevant professional experience, and 2) links to code samples, technical blog posts, and other examples of your work.