At Zeal we work every day to craft the best solutions that serve our clients' most valuable needs.
What does that mean to you?
Zeal is a software consultancy. We work with a variety of companies, of varying sizes, and in various vertical markets. In every case our ultimate goal is to have them finish up feeling like they got more than they paid for.
That means that we have a great variety of projects for you to work on, with different challenges, and different business benefits to the client. This job is perfect for someone who gets tired of working on the same old thing all the time, and wants to be able to change it up sometimes.
Our interview process is simple, and transparent.
- As soon as you apply you'll get an email confirming that we got your application.
- Then someone reviews your application for some basic requirements (which are also listed on the application).
- Next you'll have a short interview with someone, likely our Director of Consulting. This won't take more than 30 minutes.
- After that we want to get some code to work on. We have a homework project you can use, or you can bring your own project as long as it includes Rails and React. And it needs to be on your machine and ready to work on, because that's what we'll do together. If you use our homework, please timebox the task to no more than 2 hours.
- Once you've got a project we can work on together, we'll schedule 2 back-to-back interviews with our engineers. 1 engineer in each interview. Together this won't take more than 90 minutes.
- After that, we review the feedback from the engineers, check your references, and extend an offer if it makes sense.
Zeal is looking to add experienced full stack Rails and React developers to our growing consulting team.
Skills we are looking for:
- Ability to communicate highly-technical concepts to non-technical people
- Experience with agile software development lifecycle
- Knowledge of Object-oriented and/or functional software development patterns
- Knowledge of Relational databases, such as PostgreSQL or MySQL
- Some knowledge of GraphQL
- Experience using Git, Github, and Gitflow workflow
- Ability to Implement design into HTML and SCSS
- Experience and comfort with Test Driven Development and Pair Programming
Our work style is very collaborative, often working closely with clients, their product owners, and their engineers. If you know you are not comfortable with frequent pairing and collaborative remote work, we might not be the best fit. We're always looking for ways to enhance our remote team experience.
We hope you choose to apply. We'd love to get to know you.