Reporting to the company’s Chief Executive leadership, the Lead Developer will be responsible for oversight of Blush’s short and long-term technical and engineering strategy, and providing high-level, forward-thinking vision. This person will perpetually define, iterate, and lend support to all aspects of the company’s technological development. The ideal candidate is a technical leader with demonstrable expertise in leading and managing the creation of first-in-class digital products, including iOS and Android Mobile Applications and SaaS development cycles. This person must have robust experience working with mobile app products.
The Lead Developer will work across all key departments to attain the company’s strategic goals, including setting business requirements, assessing and improving application architecture, and ensuring the implementation of the market-leading design. They will communicate with staff, executives, and customers to ensure the company’s technologies are used appropriately and optimally.
Proven experience packaging open source technology for use within the consumer and/or enterprise applications is essential, as is the ability to effectively translate technical terminology to all stakeholders. This person should be visionary, understand industry-wide best practices and current innovations, and display credibility and excitement – particularly in lending expertise to a high-performing and expanding the team.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provide strategic guidance on all technology and engineering-related decisions, including product roadmap, to maximize the company’s future growth and profitability.
- Audit, evaluate, and evolve current application architecture, handle verification and validation of mission-critical software, and aid in decision-making aimed at developing a more seamless, scalable product. (This could include a product rebuild if deemed necessary.)
- Oversee the hiring and management of all technology-related staff, consultants, and 3rd party vendors (engineers, data scientists, IT personnel, QA testing resources, etc.)
- Implement technology solutions and development tools that may improve efficiency and effectiveness of all Departments, and in a fashion that supports the company’s KPIs, mission and values.
- Implement information security standards/policies, including running audits and document security procedures.
- Lead writing and management of software-related documentation
- Collaborate with in-house marketing team on application deployment strategy, including guidance of DevOps and hosting infrastructure.
- Make recommendations for product improvements, and any other innovations that could be beneficial within any/all company departments and projects, based on technological research, especially those within the dating industry, explore new tools/technologies to improve development efficiency and product quality.
- Analyze and report on opportunities and risks for delivering the company’s services, including identification of competitive services, product and enhancement requirements, opportunities for innovation, and assessment of marketplace obstacles and technical hurdles to the business success.
- Identify technology trends and evolving social behavior that may support or impede the success of the business. Evaluate and identify appropriate technology platforms (including web application frameworks and the deployment stack) for delivering the company’s services.
- Recent demonstrated experience in building and managing world-class mobile applications using open source software solutions.
- Expertise in front-end development for web, iOS, and Android
- Proficiency in mobile application development framework, including ReactNative, SWIFT, and JAVA
- Familiarity with cryptographic key management and blockchain protocols (Ethereum is a plus)
- Experience building hybrid and native mobile applications, and launching/taking mobile apps to market
- Superb communication skills and experience working with remote team members
- Ability to actively communicate, inspire and motivate all levels of staff.
- Ability to think and act strategically and proactively
- Strong writing and presentation skills
- 5+ years experience in application development, at least 2 years of people management and strategic leadership experience in this field