Bear Group is a leading web development firm looking for an experienced Magento developer to join our team of Magento experts. This is a unique opportunity to work closely with a large client on a solution that Bear Group developed and supports for merchants around the globe. It was included in Magento core in 2018, so we collaborate with Magento solution architecture teams and are part of each Magento core code release cycle. Bear Group operates as a distributed company, with headquarters in Seattle, WA, but this is a fully remote position.
Note: A Magento certification or path to certification is required for this position.
With Bear Group, you will tackle technical problems, code and debug, and participate in weekly meetings. You will need to be self-motivated and able to work independently most of the time, but we have a friendly and capable team to collaborate with when you encounter obstacles. Work will include:
- Lead daily triage of incoming issue queues from merchants and launch teams.
- Assist merchants with integration issues unique to their Magento builds.
- Scheduled integration releases with each Magento core version.
- Providing a full range of development — as conceptual solution architect, presenting ideas, and as expert coder, resolving technical issues and improving merchant experiences.
- QA’ing all primary work, with good repro steps provided to Technical Project Manager / Client.
- Providing clear and concise written communication to clients via Jira ticketing.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or related fields, plus a minimum of 5+ years of related work experience.
- Strong expertise in building eCommerce websites using frameworks including Magento.
- Preference for client-service environments -- web development firms, technical support teams, interactive agencies, graphic design firms.
- Independence, enthusiasm, superb written communication, and organization skills.
- 5+ years in web development and strong PHP experience; experience with the Zend framework.
- Magento 2 certified professional developer or professional developer plus.
- Basic LAMP server administration experience, MySQL knowledge, and Git administration.
- Selenium automated test framework or MFTF testing experience a plus.
- Understanding of Object Oriented Programming (OOP) and Model-View-Controller (MVC) frameworks.
What to Expect
During your first week you will work closely with our Director of Engineering to set up your new system and familiarize with our processes and tools. The system will be either Mac, Linux, or Windows to your preference, and we use Docker to manage virtual machines for a consistent development server stack. Other tools you will use include:
- Git for source control
- GitHub/Bitbucket for Git repositories
- Jira for project management
- Confluence for documentation
- Slack for communication
In addition to competitive pay, a new computer, insurance, and 401k match, you’ll also receive:
- 3 Weeks PTO plus approximately 10 vacation days annually
- $1500 annual education stipend
- Software stipend for the tools that you prefer to do the job
More About Bear Group
We are a fully distributed team that primarily builds in PHP on the Magento and Drupal platforms for eCommerce and content management sites. Since we are fully remote, you can work from anywhere! We do require at least 4 hours of working time overlap with the Pacific time zone workday. As a high client-focused organization, you will occasionally need to meet according to their schedule. This typically falls between 8 and 5 Pacific time, and we strive to give you plenty of time to focus on development.
To learn more about the company, visit www.beargroup.com
. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.