Blueprint Learning is growing and looking for several Ruby on Rails developers to help move our platform for professional on demand e-learning forward. Our products include the verticals ADVOkurser.dk and REVIkurser.dk along with partner sites powered by one monolithic Rails app. Do not be discouraged that they're in Danish 😉 They are also translated to English and we use English terminology in our code and documentation.
Our brand new office is in the center of Copenhagen and you will be joining a dynamic team with a fun and relaxed work environment but we're also open to remote candidates. The hierarchy is flat, individual responsibility is high and micromanagement is non-existent.
The development team is small so you will quickly be able to leave your mark on both the code and process. We use rubocop + Code Climate, CI/CD, code reviews on GitHub, host on Heroku and care about code quality as much as we care about architecture.
It's not all work though. We have a fully stocked Friday bar, a very worn foosball table and throw a party several times a year. Everything completely optional of course if that's not your thing.
You have a relevant education in computer science and / or relevant work experience. You like problem-solving by engaging your team mates but are also able to self-motivate and get things done.
- Collaboratively define and prioritize projects and tasks.
- Develop features for the application.
- Dev-ops related tasks, monitoring, etc. We host on Heroku to spend as little time as possible on dev-ops but there will be tasks here and there.
- Participate in code reviews and provide thoughtful, constructive feedback for your team.
- Triage, reproduce and debug technical support requests / bugs.
- At least 2 years of professional experience with Ruby on Rails.
- Experience with APIs and integration of 3rd party services.
- RSpec or similar test framework experience.
- Advanced level English.
- You work on Mac and/or Linux.
- You live in the GMT+0, GMT+1 or GMT+2 timezone and have experience working remotely.
- Experience with Heroku.
- Open source / personal projects portfolio.
How to Apply
NOTE: No recruiters, agencies please.
Apply before 26th of June.
When you apply please submit your CV and/or LinkedIn profile, GitHub or otherwise relevant sites. Bonus for submitting source code you've written and/or links to your open source commits.
Also write a short paragraph or two about why are you applying for this position and tell us which other languages besides Ruby you're interested in (if any).