Human Made is looking for Web Engineers with WordPress experience to join its engineering team. This is a remote position - you can be based anywhere in the world.
Engineers at Human Made work on enterprise-level projects for clients across the globe. We deliver digital experiences through our platform Altis DXP. Past and current clients include big media agencies, financial organisations, charities and not-for-profits, and other enterprise companies. You will be working on technically-complex client projects with a team of experienced Engineers and Project Managers from around the world.
As Human Made develops large-scale WordPress sites, WordPress experience is preferred, but not essential. If you do not have WordPress experience you will be expected to gain and develop this on the job.
You should be familiar with the tools required for engineering projects. This includes a good understanding of Git, conflict resolution, local development environments, PHP configuration, following coding standards and general computer maintenance and security. You should be willing to adapt to the established processes in Human Made.
Who is Human Made?
Human Made helps organisations drive customer engagement, reinforce brand value and improve operations with digital solutions powered by Altis, our WordPress digital experience platform.
Over the past 10+ years, we’ve helped brands such as Snopes, Siemens and USA Today build and deliver their digital strategies, transforming the way people interact with some of the most visited websites in the world. We have deep expertise and investment in using WordPress as a tool to create large-scale platforms, websites, and applications that drive transformational business value.
Our decade of experience in agile delivery and passion for open source solutions supports clients in their journey to embrace the edge of innovation. Human Made is a fully distributed company, with employees based remotely around the world.
Human Made is a remote company: this means you will need to work both independently and as part of a remote team. You will have the opportunity to meet the rest of the company at our annual company meetup, and with members of the rest of your team at least once a year. We care about good communication and you should be able to prioritise your work and meet deadlines, discussing any problems with the team along the way. You can learn more about Human Made and what you can expect working here in our public company handbook
- Good understanding of WordPress (this is preferred, but may be developed on the job)
- Ability to develop with Gutenberg (desired, not essential)
- Ability to debug your own code and that of others
- Experience in using debugging tools
- Strong understanding of HTML5 & CSS
- Experience in versioning technologies such as Git
- Knowledge of interacting with RESTful APIs
- Ability to set up local development environments
- Strong written communication skills
- Ability to manage your workload and juggle multiple tasks
- Competitive salary
- Flexible working
- 52 weeks parental leave
- 35 days holiday
- Sickness and carers leave
- Annual company retreat
- Conference and training budget
- Monthly remote working allowance
- Work wherever you want
- New mobile phone every two years
- New computer when you need it
- Office equipment when you need it