Hi. We’re Zipline! We’re helping put technology into the hands of those that need it most — retail workers. If you have worked in a store, you know the drill. You’re helping customers, ringing up orders, and trying to do the 30 tasks that HQ wants you to do. Some pertain to you. Some don’t. But that’s for you to figure out… all while putting out fires and keeping shelves tidy.
That’s where we come in! We turn the grind of retail communications into an engaging, effective, aha solution. The Zipline platform ensures that the right people get the right information in the right way. Everyone is on the same page, tasks are tracked and life feels less like a perpetual game of hair-on-fire.
We love helping retailer workers love their jobs because we know how much better life is when you love your work. This year, Retail Zipline became a Great Place to Work-Certified. 97 percent of our employees say Zipline is a great place to work, compared to 59% of employees at a typical U.S.-based company. What’s even more impressive is that 100% of employees say, “I can be myself around here”, “I am treated as a full member here regardless of my position” and “People here are willing to give extra to get the job done.” 100 percent! You can’t beat the Zipline culture.
We have made incredible progress but changing the industry is hard. We’ve recently raised our Series B, we’re are well funded by leading venture capital firms like Emergence Capital, and ready to scale. We need your help to improve the way that this 4.4 trillion dollar industry communicates with its store employees. Cumbersome, slow, and inefficient systems should not be the status quo. Help us retool retail.
We are looking for a qualified Mobile developer to join our Applications Engineering team. You will be working with our fantastic engineers to develop native mobile treatments for our web applications. Our products meet our customers where they are: at headquarters, in-store back-rooms, and on the shop floor. With a pronounced customer shift towards mobile devices, providing them with first-class experiences is paramount.
Zipline has iOS and Android phone applications. They’re built as hybrid apps, wrapping up the web app experience, but making sure that they provide a solid, seamless experience for the store associates who use them daily. Your job will be to collaborate with our product and engineering teams, own the mobile app experience, constantly improve the apps by optimizing their performance, polishing the native + hybrid web integration, and implementing features in native code (Swift on iOS and Kotlin on Android).
If you’re passionate about mobile platforms and translating code into user-friendly apps, we would love to meet you!
- Support the entire application lifecycle (concept, design, test, release, and support) for both iOS and Android apps.
- Produce fully functional mobile applications that enhance the web applications that they wrap, adding native functionality.
- Collaborate with design, product, and engineering to deliver great user experiences.
- Work with product management to gather specific requirements, suggest solutions, and participate in the shaping process.
- Write unit and UI tests to ensure product quality
- Troubleshoot and debug customer issues, optimize app performance.
- Research and suggest new mobile products, applications, and protocols.
- Help shape how hybrid technologies are utilized within our apps.
- Remain up to date with the terminology, concepts, and best practices for coding mobile apps.
- A portfolio of released applications on the App Store or Google Play. Tell us about your apps in your cover letter.
- In-depth knowledge of at least one programming language you’ve used to code mobile applications (Swift and Kotlin are the preferred languages we use).
- Experience working with web applications and Ruby on Rails, in particular, will be a huge plus.
- Familiarity with software design principles: OOP, MVVM.
- Excellent analytical skills with a good problem-solving attitude.
- Ability to perform in a remote team environment.
- Excellent written communication skills.
Why submit your resume?
- Remote: Join an effective remote team and work where you're comfortable
- Stock: Ownership in a fast-growing company
- Time Off: Flexible vacation policy to encourage people to take breathers and get out and see the world
- Benefits: 401k, and world-class medical, dental, and vision policies
- Team Fun: Twice annual company off-sites in fun locations. We've done New York, Costa Rica, Whistler, Palm Springs, San Diego, and Mexico City. (Post pandemic, of course)
- Opportunities to learn and grow
- Great team: Working with fun, hard-working, nice people who are committed to making a difference!
- We value the diversity of all kinds and are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome people of all different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives.
We value diversity of all kinds and are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome people of all different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives.
Want to learn more about us?
How do we work? Remotely. We have been 100% remote since the company was founded and we have it down to a science - - a people science. We huddle as a team weekly and as a company 3 times a week. On Fridays, we come together to learn from each other. One week it might be about opossum rescue. Another week it might be an update on our product roadmap or the results of our customer satisfaction survey. We are all masters of Zoom and love the freedom of working from home - - or vans - - or sailboats.
With Zipline, employees feel more connected, understand the role they play in the brand’s mission and can feel good about the work they’re doing. This is important to us because retail is one of America's most populous workforces but also one of the most underserved. Through Zipline, we can touch on one in four American workers who are often minority, women, and working part-time while studying or taking care of the family.
Sound too good to be true? We haven’t even gotten to our customers! Think about the best retail brands, from your favorite tennis shoes to yoga pants. They’re customers. And, in addition to dozens of specialty retailers, this year we added grocery store, pharmacy, and convenience store brands. In fact, we more than doubled our customers in 2020.
And, the word is getting out. We are featured regularly in the press, mostly because of the results we get from our customers. Here’s a look at just some of the articles published
recently. We also picked up some awards in 2020. CBInsights ranked us one of the 100 most promising B2B retail tech companies in the world. And, our CEO was a TechTrailblazer finalist. (Check out her articles on Forbes
to see her passion for retail and solving its biggest challenges.)
We have made incredible progress but changing the industry is hard. We are well funded by leading venture capital firms like Emergence Capital and ready to scale. We need your help to improve the way that this 4.4 trillion dollar industry communicates with its store employees. Cumbersome, slow, and inefficient systems should not be the status quo. Help us retool retail.