Our mission at Holopod
is to help every remote worker design their ideal work day.
We are a venture-backed, collaborative, 100% distributed team.
Experimentation, risk tolerance and an open-minded willingness to try new things out are core to how we operate.
We are looking for an experienced engineer with a breadth of familiarity across technologies to take ownership of the technical vision for Holopod’s evolving stack. You are familiar with Ruby, SQL, have experience building distributed systems, have a track record of deploying multiple services to containers on cloud providers and owning their operation and maintenance. Most importantly, you are flexible in a dynamic startup environment and will provide leadership to a small (2-3 person) engineering team.
Our plan is to grow, fast. We're looking for a leader who can grow with us.
- Working with the team to produce backend services to support business requirements
- Designing scalable and maintainable backend services and infrastructure
- Planning, releasing and migrating new services
- Instrumenting new and existing services with monitoring capabilities
- Ensuring a standard of quality as infrastructure and services stabilize as the business matures
- Driving the product’s technical architecture evolution
- Being a technical leader for the team
Skills & Qualifications
We consider the following skills as necessary:
- Excellent communication skills, both technical and interpersonal
- Experience working in a 100% distributed and remote environment
- 3+ years experience with our primary technology: Ruby (specifically Ruby on Rails)
- Experience with relational databases (PostgreSQL)
- Experience working in a container-based deployment model
- Knowledge of and experience with designing and working with distributed systems
The following skills / experience with the following technologies are nice-to-haves:
- Front-end web development