is a social and low tech-friendly cloud gaming platform. It has been designed to be accessible to everyone: available directly from a web browser, it does not require a high-speed internet connection to provide a seamless multiplayer game experience. Jam.gg
is all about bringing people together through games, with a touch of childhood playfulness and creativity.
We are led by an experienced team of ex Google, Twitter, Amazon, Docker, EA, King and other top tech companies. Jam.gg
is a YCombinator company and backed by top VC firms and LEGO Ventures and has already established itself as a new go-to platform for cloud gaming in some countries.
We’re at the stage where we’re scaling our Studio Department as one of our key units. This is an incredible opportunity to join a booming company. Driven by a strong inclusive culture, we welcome self-starting, fast learning, talented people wishing to start and manage unique, and challenging projects where collaboration (internal and external) is everything.
We are looking for a talented Senior Backend Game Developer to join our growing Studio team.
Location: The candidate must be based in Europe within +/- 2 hours of CET time zone.
Start date: As soon as possible
What you will be doing:
- As a Senior Back-end Game Developer, you will work as part of a small and autonomous game development team. You will enjoy a creative, challenging and collaborative environment where your ideas will be every bit as valued as your programming expertise.
- You will be reporting to an experienced Tech Director who will mainly focus on mentoring you and supporting your growth plan.
- You will contribute to the full development life cycle of our new game. You will be involved in all phases: conceptualization, design, development, testing, and release.
- You will help other developers to grow their skills by providing support and mentorship.
What we are looking for:
- Significant experience in game development: minimum of 5 years of experience as a developer.
- Expert with Back-end game services like Playfab, EOS, Nakama or others.
- Knowledge of the Go language and bindings generation
- Knowledge of multi-threading programming
- Knowledge of the constraints of Real Time persistent online games.
- Extensive knowledge of cost limitation and data compression for Online Games.
- Would be a real plus:Knowledge of DevOps, or LiveOps experience is a huge plus
- Self-motivation: highly autonomous & working capabilities.
- Communication & Team work: Excellent communication and organization skills, team spirit, proactivity. Active involvement in the game creation process by interacting with the rest of the team. Be able to interact at different stages of an asset production, from conception to implementation and animation. Desire to learn.
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills (English)
- Unlimited holiday leave (minimum 5 weeks).
- Monthly well-being allowance (mental well-being, sports, massage, etc.).
- Home office allowance.
- Fully remote & flexible working hours.
- Equal pay policy.
- Equal maternity, paternity, adoption leave (18 weeks) after 1 year of seniority.
- Maternity/Paternity/ Adoption subsidy of 3k euros after 1 year of seniority.
- Stock option plan.
- Health insurance compensation on a one-to-one basis, depending on geographical location & company's policy.
- Additional benefits depending on the geographical location.