Sr. Software Engineer – Full Stack Python
Founded in 1975, Salas O’Brien is a fast-growing employee-owned engineering and professional services firm focused on achieving impact for our clients, our team, and the world. We work across a wide variety of industries providing integrated engineering and consulting services.
We are seeking an exceptional Senior Software Engineer to join us as we build out a new software department which serves to support our business by designing, developing, debugging, maintaining, and integrating various application modules. Our development projects affect workflow, reporting functions, data accuracy, API’s and compliance for the organization.
This is a unique opportunity to dive into exciting greenfield projects where your creativity and expertise will flourish, and your ideas will drive impactful solutions. Working remotely, you will work on a variety of projects and be part of the big picture Shape the future of our software development and be part of our exhilarating journey.
What you’ll do:
- Write code to solve complex problems, improving day-to-day business workflows or improving efficiency in the civil engineering space
- Participate in the design of new features to developed for applications by analyzing business needs and end user requests
- Develop, deploy, and operate code in production, using Microsoft Azure cloud computing services
- Configure, maintain, enhance, and support a suite of internally developed applications, APIs, and web services
- Provide recommendations for the most cost-effective path to resolution for problems, including using features of existing services/applications, purchasing new services/applications, or a bespoke development solution.
- Write automated tests and perform manual testing for applications, to identify and solve problems with internal applications
What you’ll need:
- Expertise in object-oriented design and programming
- Proficient in SQL and relational databases
- Able to design or modify normalized data structures
- Experience working in an agile environment
- Bachelor's degree or AA in Computer Science, Software Engineering/Development, or other related discipline preferred
Applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S.
Equal Opportunity Employment Statement
Salas O’Brien company provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state/provincial, or local laws. Salas O’Brien will accommodate the disability-related needs of applicants as required by law.