Who we are:
We are a SaaS recruiting platform that helps companies promote jobs online, manage applicants, and hire great employees. We’ve been in business since 2012 and are growing rapidly. We're a technology-first team dedicated to building an approachable and adaptable platform that empowers everyone to hire their dream team.
HiringThing operates in a flexible environment where employees can be active and hands-on, supporting and guiding the growth of our established startup. Our company is fully remote without any physical offices. We keep in touch via Slack and consistent video conferences. We meet as a team daily and are required to connect with other teams, both internal and external, during standard business hours. You can work from home, a coffee shop, or the beach as long as the work gets done.
Our diverse team is distributed throughout the US. We desire to work with smart, thoughtful colleagues to tackle hard problems, head-on.
We strive for transparency – having more information enables everyone to make better decisions and builds a culture of trust!
We are creating a great technology company, striving for continuous improvement, truly agile development, and high-efficiency delivery.
We are currently looking for a Software Engineer to focus on growing our Rails and React-based applicant tracking software platform.
What we offer:
We look at varying factors when creating our compensation packages. We review a candidate’s experience and skill level, the national average for similar positions in similar-sized companies in our market, and the responsibilities and expectations of the position. Each offer we make is unique to the candidate. This position can range between $63k-$105k annually, depending on the factors listed above.
- 401(k) plan with regular and Roth options available + employer contribution
- $100/month telecom reimbursement
- Up to $50/month fitness reimbursement
- Comprehensive benefits offered
- Opportunity for professional development
- Valuable work experience within a rapidly growing startup environment
- Unlimited PTO policy
- Participation in employee stock option plan
- 9 annual paid holidays for full-time employees
Who You Are:
You’ll enjoy working on the latest web technologies in our ever-evolving stack and have significant input into product direction, technology decisions, and development priorities. We practice continuous integration and deploy on-demand throughout the day.
Your primary focus will be developing our hiring platform but you'll also spend some time with test automation, API development, front-end React development, and infrastructure automation. You will participate in a triage engineering rotation and an on-call engineering rotation.
What experience is required:
- Minimum 2 years of Ruby on Rails
- Familiarity with modern Rails best practices
- Experience with database-driven web applications (SQL)
- Some experience working with ES6 and modern front-end web frameworks
- Independent work ethic
- Fully remote workspace experience preferred
- Strong communication skills
Technologies in Play
- Ruby on Rails
- React (Webpack, ES6)
- Amazon Web Services