The Jackson Laboratory (JAX) is at the forefront of ground-breaking research whose purpose is to to rid the world of its most vexing and debilitating diseases, from cancer to diabetes to Alzheimer’s. JAX is recruiting for a Front End Web Developer on our Strategic Communications team. Be a part of the success at JAX and play a key role in our digital design process!
This position is a critical link in building a scalable system to translate business requirements into functional, production-quality digital components. As JAX continues to expand and diversify our business and research areas, the web will grow in importance as the front door for anyone who wants to interact with the Laboratory’s people, data, products or services. A system to quickly and accurately design, build and deploy digital components is required infrastructure for JAX’s growth goals.
Key aspects of this role include:
- Production of high-quality web components using well-formed and clearly structured code
- Interface with UX Designer and internal clients to define technical needs
- Assists Senior Web Architect in maintaining web development operations systems to ensure clean, error free deployments
- Analyze metrics to evaluate success of new features and improve, manage testing systems
- Optimize existing pages, perform web maintenance
Desired experience and education includes:
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Sitecore Certified Front End Developer (preferred)
- Experience as part of an Agile development team with Azure DevOps environment
- Proven ability to interact with clients and produce well-formed code under tight deadlines
- Deep familiarity with responsive design and current trends in digital development
- Additional preferred experience: Gulp, Sass, Git/Gitflow, React/Angular
Please submit examples of work, portfolio or link to work as well as a resume and cover letter!
The Jackson Laboratory (JAX) is an independent, nonprofit biomedical research institution with more than 2,400 employees. Headquartered in Bar Harbor, Maine, it has a National Cancer Institute-designated Cancer Center in Augusta, Maine, a genomic medicine institute in Farmington, Connecticut, and facilities in Ellsworth, Maine, Sacramento, California, and Shanghai, China. Its mission is to discover precise genomic solutions for disease and empower the global biomedical community in the shared quest to improve human health. JAX employees work in a collaborative, value-driven, and team-based environment where the focus is on advancing science and improving patients’ lives. Researchers apply genetics to increase the understanding of human disease and advance treatments and cures for cancer, neurological and immune disorders, diabetes, aging, and heart disease. JAX was voted among the top 15 “Best Places to Work in Academia” in the United States in a poll conducted by The Scientist magazine!
The Jackson Laboratory provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, age, mental disability, physical disability, medical condition, gender, sexual orientation, genetic information, ancestry, marital status, national origin, veteran status, and other classifications protected by applicable state and local non-discrimination laws.