What does a Backend Engineer at CoderPad do?
As a Software Engineer, you'll focus on improving and updating the systems that make CoderPad the best tool for assessing technical talent. You’ll work on projects that increase the reliability, efficiency and monitoring capabilities of our various backend services, as well as new use cases for the platform that allow for conducting richer, more compelling interviews. You'll partner with a stellar team of engineers, product managers, and designers to define project plans and execute.
You bring an iterative mindset, a passion for improving the life of developers, and a love for tackling big challenges - and we can’t wait to meet you! This role reports to the VP of Engineering
- Extending the functionality of the CoderPad product to advance specific hiring use cases, like front-end and data science interviewing, and high-volume intern and university recruiting
- Assessing the landscape of the 30+ languages that CoderPad supports, and ensuring that we provide the most intuitive dev environment for a seamless interview experience
- Improving tooling for automated monitoring and alerting and documentation for on-call engineering support
- Contributing to internal security reviews and taking action
- Standardizing development environments to enable our growing Engineering team to move quickly and confidently
- Ability to work efficiently in a fast-paced distributed environment, making pragmatic software decisions, and maintaining high engineering standards
- At least 2-4 years of professional programming experience shipping commercial web apps
- NodeJS proficiency is required; a plus for experience with Ruby on Rails
- Experience with Docker, a strong grasp on Unix fundamentals, and exposure to some cloud resource provisioning technologies (such as Ansible, Packer, Puppet, Kubernetes, or Terraform)
- A keen eye for security and knowledge of best practices for protecting our customers’ data
- A passion for developer experience and improving the efficiency of an engineering team
Qualified candidates must reside in the United States and be able to work as full-time employees in the U.S. without current or future visa sponsorship. (TN visas may be considered on a case by case basis.)
We are a small, geographically distributed team. We offer excellent benefits and value the contribution of every team member – personally and professionally. If you are up for a new challenge and enjoy working with a diverse group that feels like a family, we are interested in hearing from you.
*Meaningful work with high impact
*Unlimited paid time off (+summer Fridays!)
*Medical, dental, vision insurance
*401K with profit sharing
*Apple equipment and in-home work station
*Diversity and social good initiatives
CoderPad is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment regardless of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran or disability status.