Hajimemashite（はじめまして). GIG-A is a financial technology company that offers daily mobile banking services in Japan. We help customers open a local bank account, manage everyday spending, use overdraft, and transfer money back home.
About your role:
Your mission as an early joiner in the product engineering team is to help customers safely onboard to GIG-A services and to assure they can reliably manage their everyday spending via payments, cards, and cash withdrawals.
Product Engineering Team and Culture:
It's personal because we have lived through the pain. We empathize with our customers and adapt to their feedback.
- Bring choices to the table
We are proactive. Identify challenges and opportunities. Be transparent in communication. Propose multiple courses of action to deliver a solution.
- Become a learning machine
We continuously upskill to achieve freedom of maneuver with our team and to triumph over challenges.
We are nomads with the world as our home. We demonstrate with kind actions that every employee belongs to our *house* (a reference to the Japanese daimyo house).
Who you are:
- Experience working with: Java, Spring Boot, Flutter & AWS
- Bonus points for experience with Kotlin, CI/CD, RDS, Postgres
- You are motivated by the impact that your work has
- You enjoy writing testable code and believe in Test Driven Development
- Fluent English is a must
- You are a confident communicator. Communicating with teammates, collecting requirements, describing product features, demoing work in progress, and providing updates are integral parts of your work
- Self-starter mindset - You enjoy working in a fast-paced team where you can take the initiative. You are autonomous and independent, but you also know when to collaborate with the rest of the team
- Not afraid of challenges - you think being challenged on your assumptions and decisions makes you grow
- You're motivated to join a growing startup
- Previous experience with building a finance/banking products
- Bonus points if you speak Japanese
What we offer:
- Continuous learning environment
- Improve your technical skill-set
- Trust and freedom
- Supportive and highly skilled team members
- Great culture of transparency and openness
- Opportunity to make a real impact in customers’ lives
*play with this assessment
**fully remote ±2 hours from EET (GMT+2)