Coleap is on a mission to make lifelong learning 10x more engaging, accessible and effective.
We are building a platform to enable 1,000s of quality learning communities to be created. We aim to leverage life-changing step-changes for 100 million learners by 2030.
🧑🚀Your mission at Coleap
Our ambition is high and we are searching for like-minded folks to help us on this journey. Our engineering team will be responsible for building a platform that makes this vision a reality, with great UX, performance and robustness.
As an early Software Engineer in our team, you will have the possibility (and agency) to shape how we do things, the culture and the technology direction while creating a great experience for our creators and learners.
PS: Please see everything here as a guide for the kinds of things we are looking for - we know that no candidate is ever perfect for the role and that there will be people out there who bring things to the table we haven't even thought of yet (and are super excited by this!). If you feel like your profile is close to this description but doesn't tick every box, please don't be afraid to apply
🔎 What you will be working on
- Design new GraphQL schema additions in close collaboration with Frontend engineers
- Implement alerting, monitoring and analytics to our backend services to make sure they are robust, performant and resilient
- Build and improve existing data models to support our business logic
- Create new services and applications as the business evolves and requires more specialisation
- Help redefine the future of life long education online
🌳 You may be a fit if you
- Have relevant experience on how to design and build state-of-the-art consumer tech products
- Have built robust web applications using Ruby, especially APIs
- Worked with relational databases
- Have experience with cloud infrastructure
- A plus: you don't shy away from the frontend and embrace React (or similar libraries), CSS and web performance.
🛠 Our backend tech stack
- Ruby / Ruby on Rails