We are seeking an experienced Mobile Tech Lead to help shape the future of Chess learning!
- Build and maintain our iOS and Android apps using technologies such as React Native, PHP, MySQL
- Lead and mentor the team from the technical perspective
- Write quality code that adheres to the best practices of software development
- Offer constructive and respectful feedback via code reviews
- Write automated unit and integration tests as well as build tools to assist in testing various aspects of our app
- Collaborate within product managers and designers to prioritize, estimate and execute on realistic timelines for all deliverables
- Participate in all Scrum ceremonies, from planning to retrospective, giving meaningful feedback to help improve our teams, products, and culture
- Work with QA engineers to ensure quality in our builds and releases
- Work with the DevOps team to ensure our CI/CD pipeline fits our growing needs
- 2+ years experience in a role of technical leadership such as a tech lead or principal engineer
- 5+ years software development experience (ideally with React & PHP)
- Experience with creating and maintaining commercial mobile apps using React Native and are familiar with the iOS and Android ecosystems
- Sufficient experience/understanding of state management libraries such as XState, Redux
- Understanding of REST APIs and offline storage
- Understanding of system architecture and design patterns
- Experience with automated testing suites
- Experience with Node.js and GraphQL is a plus
- English proficiency is essential
- Ability to play chess (no requirement to be a strong player)
- Flexible working hours.
- 40 days of holiday (including all statutory and other public holidays in your place of residence).
- Birthday off.
- Work from home or office.
- Membership in ClassPass.