Come join a compact team to maintain and expand our SaaS product. We are a successful startup in the Sales & Marketing business which is receiving great market feedback. We are excited to expand and grow our web app based on customer feedback and would love to count with a passionate engineer to materialise it!
We are looking for a full stack engineer to help us to build our products. It's not necessary to be a code ninja nor a top notch programmer, just a good programmer, team worker and a nice, friendly and responsible person.
We’re based in London (Chiswick) but the engineering team is spread all across Europe, and we meet several times per year in London. We follow agile principles and promote a highly collaborative environment, working from our office or remotely.
Interested? We look forward to hearing from you!
Preferred time zone: GMT or +/- 2 hours
What will you be doing?
- Help with the design, deployment, and maintenance of our backend APIs (Python) powered by PostgreSQL and MongoDB. Both as a container service or as AWS lambdas.
- Converting the design specs into fully working HTML/CSS/JS.
- Product development. We have a long roadmap and you will be heavily involved with developing major new functionality.
- Customer development. You’ll get to see how our customers use the product on a daily basis so you can help fix bugs and improve existing functionality based on real feedback
- Participate in an on-call rotation (you would be on call for a week every five weeks) with a really low incident level.
What should you know?
You don't need to have all of these items, but these represent the types of work you will do at SalesSeek:
- 3+ years of professional experience programming. Ideally you've worked on large codebases before.
- Experienced with distributed systems at scale.
- You have experience with designing and implementing APIs.
- Experience tuning and building complex database queries.
- Experience with Python, React, VueJS, CI/CD pipelines.
- CSS at production level (responsible, cross-browser compatibility...). Ideally for webapps.
- AWS lambda development.
- Async programming with Celery.
Who are we?
Based in Chiswick, but with employees worldwide, SalesSeek is a full function CRM system. Fully API based, it is used to support a broad range of customers internationally and has been developed into vertical solutions for both the Mortgage Industry and Homebuilders.
- People: Enthusiasm is more important than experience
- Business: Sales & Marketing is more about helping customers than beating competition
- Technology: Design led innovation through visualization
What would you expect from our Hiring process?
Please, feel free to share any side projects or publicly accessible commercial work you have done and are proud of.
We'd also like to hear about any opinions you have on coding, architectural issues, etc, you may have expressed via blogs, Stack Overflow answers etc. We are as interested in your ability to communicate with people (e.g. writing skills) as we are your ability to communicate with computers (e.g .classic programming skills)
We try to keep the full process done within one or two weeks with the following steps:
- Step 1: Review applications to screen for a variety of criteria.
- Step 2: Interview with CEO.
- Step 3: Written exercise (shouldn’t take more than a couple of hours to complete).
- Step 4: Technical Team Interview (includes a couple of short technical exercises).
- Step 5: Offer extended.
What do we offer?
- Flexible working hours.
- Skill development.
- Full-time remote work (or from our lovely Chiswick office, up to you).
- Very attractive Stock options plan.
- Paid time off (25 working days / year).
- Paid public holidays (as per your country of residence).
- Salary ranges between 45K€ and 65K€ annually, depending on experience.