The Web Developer will report to the Manager, Web & Application Development. This position is responsible for developing programming solutions for our website, applications, and databases. They will assist with implementation guidelines and offer solutions for all ATS products including Salesforce, Shopify Plus, Amazon AWS, and more. This position is responsible for working with senior developers to support existing code, implement new features, and make sustainable recommendations.
- Develop web and database applications customized to the organization’s needs.
- Work with other web developers and staff in creating new customized programs, in developing submission and review sites.
- Assist in the integration and maintenance of third-party databases or authentication process with the customer and membership database such as SAML single sign on
- Manage the design and implementation of web services with third party vendors.
- Integrate any database or authentication process with the membership database.
- Manage the development of database driven online forms or any dynamic content.
- Develop technical documentation Q&A plans to ensure overall consistency of all development work done.
- Identify areas of improvement for site speed, database performance, and code optimization
- Ensure digital products meet all compliance requirements including security, data privacy, and accessibility.
Salesforce Data Development and Design
- Work closely with the Salesforce administrator and ensure that data is consistent throughout the organization; implement security procedures as needed
- Implement database object customization as needed.
- Work with various staff in ensuring their departmental data is stored accurately on the platform.
- Develop technical documentation as well as user documentation of the database functions.
- Develop integration with other platforms (financial, ecommerce and others) as required
- At least 3-5 years-experience in web development and database programming with exposure to cloud-based computing, AWS or Azure preferred.
- Must be proficient and have experience with the following technologies, frameworks, and concepts: Web front end (HTML, CSS, JS), Object Oriented (Java preferred, C# acceptable), Remote development, PHP.
- Knowledge and experience in website design and organizational structure.
- Must have knowledge and experience in normalized databases such as MySQL or Microsoft SQL Server.
- Knowledge and experience with report platforms (Tableau, Google Analytics).
- Knowledge of graphic/web design packages.
- Excellent problem-solving capabilities.
- Must be willing to learn new technologies as needed and be a leader in recommending new solutions.
- Strong organizational skills essential. Must be well organized and attentive to details. Ability to multi-task and prioritize projects.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Ability to work independently as well as with a team; cooperative and willingness to assist all members of the ITS unit where necessary.
An ideal candidate will have:
- At least 2-4 years-experience with Salesforce development and customization; Proficient with Salesforce API, Visualforce & Lightning; Experience with Salesforce mobile apps a plus.
- Knowledge of web content management systems (WordPress and Hannon Hill Cascade Server preferred).
- Certifications in one or more of the following areas preferred: Salesforce.com Certified Developer, Sun Certified Java Programmer, Sun Certified Java Developer, Sun Certified Java Web Component Developer
- Experience with migrating and developing data structures on AWS Aurora and or Redshift a plus.
We offer a competitive salary and excellent benefit package, including medical, dental, life, ltd, 403(b), FSA. ATS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.