Full Stack Rails Software Developer:
Design and Build our Daasity App! Daasity has an exciting opportunity for a Software Engineer with a strong background in UI/UX development. The work will be on our innovative reporting and analytics product suite, reporting directly to our CTO. Daasity is the first and only company to design a proprietary platform specifically for direct-to-consumer (D2C) e-commerce companies that makes business-critical data accessible and usable for strategic decision-making.
We work with a number of high-growth clients in evolving industries making for an exciting, challenging work environment where problem solvers thrive. We are creating the tools and providing the insights our clients need to succeed, working as integrated partners in driving their growth and profitability.
Fun fact: We were recently chosen as a 2019 and 2020 Cool Company by San Diego Venture Group!
We're a San Diego based business, but our engineering team is located in all corners of the world. We're a small, but agile, team looking to add more engineering members, within a few time zones of San Diego, to help with our ever growing list of features and integrations.
Here's what we believe in:
- True work / life balance. "Startup hours" burn people out and cause them to be less efficient.
- The KISS principle. Keep things simple. Complexity increases bugs and makes code harder to test and understand.
- There isn't ONE right way to do TDD. Sometimes you write tests after implementation, sometimes before, but you always write them. Understanding when is the key.
- Communicate well and often.
- Learning is a lifelong adventure.
- Perform research, design, development and maintenance of web application written in Ruby on Rails
- Design and development of the Web UI application within the Rails framework
- Work with stakeholders to provide estimates for development effort
- Actively participate in project design and planning meetings
- Solve business-critical problems using various tools (debugging, performance/benchmark testing, etc.), and build new tools (or on top of existing tools) when the need arises
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- 3 - 5 years of working experience with Ruby/Rails and Rails
- Strong working knowledge / experience with UI wireframe mockups
- Strong communication skills
- Strong background in writing software tests (Unit, Integration, Acceptance, etc.)
- Familiarity with Benchmarking & Perform Profiling of a Rails UI application; improving application performance / scalability
- Experience with the following tools used during development: Git, Github, Slack, Asana
- Knowledge of cloud platforms, such as AWS S3, AWS Redshift, AWS EC2, Heroku
- Computer science or software development degree or equivalent work experience
- Experience working with Docker, Linux and CLI tools experiences is a plus
- Ruby on Rails platform application
- Ruby code for libraries - Ruby gems
- ERB Templating
- Bootstrap CSS Framework
- Snowflake, Amazon Redshift, Google Big Query
- AWS S3 / Lambda