Full Stack Developer (Remote)
MadeInContext is a leading eCommerce software development company. We specialise in creating eCommerce products that help online retailers to drive revenue growth and increase conversion rates.
We operate a number of rapidly growing business units in the WordPress and WooCommerce ecosystems including CommerceGurus
and Create and Code
Thanks to this rapid growth we are now hiring a full-time Full Stack Developer (Fully Remote).
About the role
- Development lead for a suite of brand new eCommerce software services for the WooCommerce and Shopify ecosystems.
- Development of new features for our existing WooCommerce and WordPress plugins and themes.
- Isolating and fixing bugs in our current products and improving overall speed and performance.
- Answering customer support questions on a daily basis.
- Excellent all round WordPress and WooCommerce software development skills. This is not a beginners role. You must be able to demonstrate projects you have worked on in the WordPress and/or WooCommerce space.
- Excellent English (both written and spoken).
- Experience with modern frontend technologies including Vue.js, React and Tailwind is a significant advantage.
- Experience building SaaS software platforms would be a distinct advantage.
- We are obsessed with speed and performance across both the frontend stack and the backend. Good understand of #webperf principles and how to diagnose speed and performance bottlenecks is highly desired.
- Great UX/Design is an important part of any software system. While we don't expect you to be an amazing designer, you should have good UX fundamentals.
- You can write excellent English to a native standard.
- You love remote working. Our team works remotely and hangs out on Slack all day. You can work from anywhere in the world!
- You also know that remote working only works well if you have excellent all round communication skills and self-motivation.
- You obsess about accuracy and quality.
- You love WordPress and have excellent WordPress skills.
- You understand the importance of consistently delivering high quality work to strict deadlines.
- You are Happy working solo (ie, without micromanaging or nagging).
- Fully remote.
- Flexible working hours. We focus on delivering results and achieving set targets. As long as you work full hours and it’s done well and on-time, you work when you want.
- Flexible vacation time. Take time off when you need it.
- Work with a small, highly experienced and friendly team who are passionate about eCommerce.
- WordPress/Tech Conferences. We’re happy to cover the ticket price of relevant conferences.
Salary for this position is completely dependent on your experience, location, technical skills, how well you can help us tackle the outcomes for this position and the competencies you can display as a member of this team. This is something we're happy to discuss once you've gotten further along in the application process.
How to apply
A 4-5 sentence introduction along with your CV/Resume explaining why you think you would be a good fit for the role.
Links to relevant profiles and projects including LinkedIn, Github and WordPress.org profiles.
Format your subject line as follows:
Your Name | Full Stack Developer (Remote)
Example: Jerry Seinfeld | Full Stack Developer (Remote)