is growing our team of people on a mission to make research a part of everyday work. We help teams collect, analyze, and share qualitative research.
Notably is an inclusive and supportive team that trusts and respects each other. We bring our whole selves to work and celebrate what makes us unique. We’re an early-stage startup with a high bar for excellence & productivity, but we leave ego, competitiveness, and hustle culture at the door. We believe in creating a calm and inviting workplace culture so that we can all thrive and do our best work and still have plenty of time to refuel our energy.
Some projects you could work on:
- The split-screen infinite canvas and table workspace in Notably where researchers analyze qualitative data.
- Enhancing the canvas experience with new tools and collaboration.
- Exploring new ways to visualize qualitative data with a quantitative lens that could help researchers make meaning out of the mess.
- Combining machine learning and AI with research frameworks and best practices to create an experience that will super power our researchers.
- Solving for performance and memory optimizations– we want to keep pushing the limits of what’s possible while maintaining high performance.
- Improving core features like search, transcriptions, content management, and more.
We’d love to hear from you if you have:
- At least 3 years of professional experience shipping features or products as a full-stack developer.
- Demonstrated fluency with the following:
- Typescript, React, GraphQL, and Node.
- Experience with the following is a plus:
- Familiarity with Postgres, AWS.
- Experience building real-time collaboration tools
- Experience using HTML canvas
- Background in AI, NLP, or data science.
- Proactive and strong verbal and written communication skills.
- A desire to work in a startup: high impact and experimental.
- An interest in mentorship, learning from others, and digging into new challenges.
- A collaborative vision of the product process. Every member of our team is involved from ideation to implementation.
- A healthy skepticism and curiosity. Comfortable saying “I don’t know” and participating in research calls with users.
Our hiring process:
The end-to-end hiring process will take a couple of weeks and includes:
- An initial call with our CPO and founder.
- A virtual interview with your future teammates.
- A paid take-home project (that could be completed in a day) and practical technical screen with our engineering team.
If you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with the points outlined in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
This is a fully remote position, however, candidates must either be based out of Europe (our technical lead is in Georgia) or in the Eastern timezone in US. Candidates who don't match this preference will not be considered for this role.
Pay & benefits:
- Competitive salary & equity
- Generous PTO
- Learning & development stipend
- Work from home stipend
- Company on-sites