RealScout is a rapidly maturing start-up with proven product/market fit, looking to scale the business and technology platform to continue our expansion.
RealScout’s goal is to provide better transparency between real estate agents, brokers, home sellers, and home buyers to bring efficiency to the $1 trillion residential real estate marketplace.
We're in almost every major metropolitan market in the U.S. and have many of the largest brokerages on board as part of our Buyer Graph initiatives -- an unprecedented effort to bring cross-brokerage cooperation to the real estate space.
The Software Engineer - Platform/Integrations role will focus on building out the features and integrations that power our core platform. Ensuring that our customers have a seamless experience using RealScout with their multitude of software tools will be key. Additionally, this role will building internal and external tools that allows our team to manage and support a rapidly growing user base
A typical week will entail:
- Building new integrations that allow the frictionless flow of data between disparate software systems for thousands of real estate agents .
- Engineering secure & performant APIs via GraphQL that our customers rely on to power their dashboards.
- Design and build new automation solutions on our internal platform to empower our product & customer success teams.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information technology, engineering or a related field
- 2+ years of experience as a software developer, software engineer, or similar role
- Experience with software design and development in a test-driven environment
- Experience with a variety of SQL data stores such as PostgreSQL. Other systems like ElasticSearch a plus.
- Experience with medium-to-large production applications built with Ruby & Rails
- Familiarity with GraphQL. Apollo knowledge a bonus
- Ability to work cross-functionally. Communication experience with customers & external stakeholders a bonus.
Additionally, you'll be successful at RealScout if you:
- Enjoy giving back to the software engineering community via blogging, speaking, contributing to OS, volunteering, etc.
- Revel in both teaching and learning from others to continually grow and improve yourself and others around you
- Appreciate differing technical, social and cultural perspectives
- Value simplicity, certainty, and stability in your software and tooling over new capabilities
- Strive to work towards meaningful goals by acting on measurable results
We strive to cultivate thought diversity with candor, empathy, and respect. We welcome people of different backgrounds, abilities, and perspectives. Our team consists of veterans of residential real estate, technology start-ups, venture capital, customer service, and more. We are aggressively transparent, communicative and analytical.
We're open source across the stack - Ruby on Rails, GraphQL, ReactJS, ElasticSearch, PostgreSQL, Redis, and take time to give back to our community.
RealScout is a fully-remote company, having been fully remote for over 3 years. Our know-how in running a remote organization enables team members to enjoy the flexibility of remote work, while maintaining a professional, high-performance environment.
After you submit an application, if it looks like there's a good fit, we'll reach out to schedule an initial 20 minute conversation for introductions and to answer your questions about RealScout. In the meantime, visit http://learn.realscout.com/about
for more info.