SEEKING EXPERIENCED FRONT-END + WORDPRESS DEVELOPER
WeBuild is looking for an experienced, passionate, and talented WordPress Developer (contract role). This role requires you to be part of a remote team of designers and developers who create beautiful, engaging and highly functional web apps.
Who are we?
We're WeBuild. A digital design and product agency. We work with inspiring entrepreneurs and innovative companies who are pioneering the future of digital products.. We’re down to earth people who love constantly improving ourselves in all areas of life. We’re based out of San Diego, California although our entire team is remote and spans the globe.
What does the Senior WordPress Developer do?
Your role is to hand-craft clean, elegant and efficient code and to ship often. You’ll be playing a vital role in helping bring our designs to life and creating world-class products alongside our design team.
You should have a passion for innovation and remarkable user experiences. We’re looking for someone who will challenge the most common solutions and strive to find the best and simplest user experience for each client.
- Custom Theme & Plugin Development
- Experience & familiarity building custom blocks with Gutenberg
- Familiarity with Custom Post Types
- Custom Fields (using ACF / Advanced Custom Fields)
- Deployment (staging/production)
- Compiling (Gulp/etc)
- Familiarity with caching & page performance
- Bonus points for familiarity with WPEngine
- CSS3 (incl. SASS, Less, etc.)
- The ideal candidate will be experienced with React
- Work closely with our designers to create remarkable user-experiences for our clients
- Translate design assets (Figma/Sketch) into highly interactive, responsive custom WordPress themes for a variety of devices and screen widths
- Create custom plugins as needed to support specific functionality
- Write well-crafted, high-quality, self-documented, and easy to maintain code
- Pushing your code to Github + deploying it and maintaining the repo
- Providing technical support of applications (fixing bugs and supporting clients’ needs)
- Support and maintenance of existing applications and websites
The Ideal Candidate
- You have in-depth experience hand-crafting front-end code professionally (Agency experience a big plus)
- You have an eye for detail and often exceed designer/client expectations + you strive for pixel perfection.
- You’ve helped build custom WordPress themes and plugins in the past and have some great examples you’re excited to share with us (you have code on GitHub, Launchpad, BitBucket, etc.)
- You are self-disciplined and thrive in a remote environment working with a distributed team
- You’re excited by the web and keep up with new technologies. You use tools like Slack and InvisionApp and know a great product experience from an average one.
- You are incredibly passionate, care deeply about the details and bring an amazing amount of heart & hustle to everything you do.
- You are a strong communicator and can effectively communicate your ideas both internally and externally.
- You love trying out new tools and finding ways to optimize experiences in all avenues of your life.
- You embrace the iterative process and know that nothing perfect happens overnight and that doing truly great work is the result of showing up daily with consistent + impeccable action.
- Bonus points if you’re familiar working in complex dev environments beyond WordPress and have experience working alongside backend developers in other apps. (React/Angular, Python/Rails, etc.)
- This is a contract role to start with at least 10-15hrs/week of work, with the opportunity for more. There’s an immediate need for at least 20+ hrs for the next several weeks.
- The ideal candidate would grow with us and eventually become a part-time or full-time employee of WeBuild (although not required)
- We’d love to find someone in Pacific time zone but are open to any state within the continental US
What’s it like to work on the WeBuild team?
- WeBuild is a fully remote team.
- You have the freedom and flexibility to work from wherever you want to, whenever you want to.
- We don’t micro-manage your schedule; you’ll be fully empowered to do great work.
- We’re deeply committed to delivering amazing results for our clients
- We use a suite of modern tools to collaborate:
- Slack for Internal Communication
- Notion for Knowledge Sharing & Project Management
- Figma for Interface Design
- Harvest for Time Tracking
- BugHerd for Issue Tracking
- + many more
- We work incredibly hard to hone our craft and become the best at what we do. All the talent in the world won’t replace good old-fashioned hard work.
- We hire good people above all.
Let’s Work Together!
To apply for this position, please complete the application here.