We're building an elastic infrastructure for online payments through a Unified API and beautifully crafted Checkout experience
Founded by former PayPal employees, our team has helped hundreds of the world's largest e-commerce merchants optimise their online payments. Primer solves fundamental challenges all e-commerce merchants will face when scaling payments globally, optimising their payments stack and creating powerful new commerce experiences for their customers.
Since starting in January of this year, we've gained outstanding traction having raised millions in funding from Europe's leading investors (Balderton, Speedinvest, Seedcamp, Taavet Hinrikus - Transferwise), and we've even been featured on TechCrunch
! Our remote-first team spans 7 countries and is comprised of former employees of PayPal, Tink, Ticketmaster, MOO.
The payments landscape is changing rapidly with hundreds of ways to accept payments online globally. Primer needs to be a constant in a world where new payment methods, and payments services are being unveiled regularly. Given the plethora of innovation in this space, payments has never been more complex to implement and maintain.
We need you to help us build the ultimate checkout experience for shoppers and developers.
We're looking for a highly skilled Full Stack engineer to join our "Checkout" team, developing our merchant facing libraries and SDKs for Web and Mobile.
What you'll be doing
- Designing and implementing well-tested, highly optimised libraries for Web, iOS and Android
- Collaborating with our Product and Engineering teams to continuously expand, and improve our offering
- Taking ownership of key technology decisions, building for scale and reach
- Conducting code reviews and mentoring juniors
- Developing deep payments expertise, always looking to improve upon the Checkout experience and simplify integration for developers
- Creating detailed documentation for both our customers, and for teams internally
- Experience in online payments and knowledge of alternative payment methods
- Experience delivering secure, high performance code on mobile platforms
- Passion for beautiful, well tested code
- Experience building, maintaining and documenting developer libraries
- Highly motivated self-starter who values autonomy and getting things done
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience working in a remote team, and in a fast-paced environment