Oddball believes that the best products are built when engineers understand and value the things they are working on. We value learning and growth and the ability to make a big impact at a small company. We believe that we can make big changes happen and improve the daily lives of millions of people by bringing quality software to the federal space.
Our engineering team is small, experienced, and largely asynchronous. We value a calm, collected environment where you can focus on doing great work. Aside from a couple of weekly check-ins or project updates, you'll be able to work interruption-free.
What you'll be doing:
Working hand in hand with other engineers in developing API endpoints and services, this role will be responsible for designing, implementing, and debugging code in support of project goals. On a daily basis this individual will be working within the agile methodology in an iterative development environment.
We are looking for someone with the following skill set:
- 3+ years experience working with Python
- 3+ years of experience with system testing methodologies and software development life cycles
- 3+ years experience working in the agile framework and ensure that the agile process and standards are established and followed
- The ability to write code that is a pleasure for other engineers to read and understand
- The ability to speak and write in terms that non-developers can understand clearly, whether it be in a conference call, blog post or support email
- Flexible to meet deadlines and changing priorities
- A solid understanding of API design and how backend systems work
- Experience with all phases of the software development lifecycle - from gathering and analyzing user/business system requirements to creating application system models
- Must be self-motivated, detail-oriented, and take initiative in performing tasks.
- Must be a team player must be able to work professionally and collaboratively with the government customer and other contract members of the project team.
This is a remote position.