About the role:
As a WordPress Developer at Awesome Motive, you’re responsible for Making Stuff Go. You will build infrastructure to create new products, improve existing features, squash bugs, and help us rapidly scale our platform.
You will primarily be working in our product team for WPForms
, the most popular WordPress form builder plugin – used by over 2 million website.
To love this role, here’s the type of person you are:
- You’re a self-starter who loves taking initiative and seeing things through from conception to completion. Our developers often “own” features/tasks and are responsible for scoping, development, and testing.
- You’re an excellent communicator, fluent in both verbal and written English, who makes sure nothing slips through the cracks. We believe there is no such thing as over communicating.
- You have the curiosity and desire to learn and grow your skills.
- You’re passionate about leaving your mark on the web for all to see and excited to work on tasks that impact millions of users.
- You take pride in the quality and craftsmanship of your work rather than just doing it to get it done.
- You’re a team player who is comfortable working along side and helping other developers, and you don’t take critical feedback personally.
- You’re happy jumping between front-end and back-end development tasks, or tackling tasks which require both.
Here are some skills that will come handy:
- Professional experience with WordPress development, standards, and plugin architecture.
- Advanced proficiency with PHP and MySQL, including modern PHP practices (OOP, namespacing, traits, interfaces, etc).
- Ability to use and extend build tools like gulp and webpack.
- Familiarity with package managers such as NPM and composer.
- Experience working with third-party APIs (Stripe, Drip, etc).
- Competent with version control through git and GitHub.
- The ability to iterate and ship ideas quickly.
- Exceptional troubleshooting abilities.
- Must be comfortable with customer-facing roles including support and documentation.
- Ability to keep complex ideas and features simple. (Simplicity is a core value!)
- Previous freelance or remote work experience.
Bonus points if you also have:
- Experience with e-commerce platforms or related APIs (WooCommerce, Stripe, PayPal, etc).
- Experience with DevOps or infrastructure management.
What we offer:
Working for a fast-growing bootstrapped company is a rare opportunity, one we consider a lifestyle choice rather than a job choice. Our positions are challenging, but also come with amazing advantages and fulfillment to those who earn them. Here’s what we offer.
- Competitive Salary.
- Health Insurance benefits for full-time U.S. employees.
- Flexible Schedule – Work from your home. We’re spread out all over the world – United States, Canada, Singapore, Ukraine, India, Pakistan, and more.
- Unlimited PTO after 90 days of employment. We encourage employees to take the time they need for vacation, to stay healthy, and to spend time with friends and family.
- Paid maternity and paternity leave.
- We happily provide or reimburse software you’ll need as well as books or courses that promote continued learning.
- We give you the opportunity to solve challenging and meaningful problems that makes a difference.
- Custom Branded laptop at your five year anniversary.
- We cover all costs of company travel (including our annual all-company retreat and mini-team meetups).
- Ability to work with some of the best people in the business through frequent, if not daily, interactions.
- And in case you were wondering: no politics, no b.s., and no jerks.
At Awesome Motive, we strive to have the broadest possible view of diversity, going beyond visible differences to include the background, experiences, skills, and perspectives that make each person unique. Awesome Motive is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.