Location: Remote, US-based
Reports to: Director of Engineering
With a vision to build a data-driven ecosystem that drives resources to impact, UpMetrics empowers organizations with the knowledge and the tools to accelerate the impact of their mission. Through platform & team, the mission-driven company empowers organizations to collect, analyze, and learn from data to gain insights, drive impact, and inspire change. UpMetrics combines a cutting-edge impact analytics and reporting platform with top-tier professional services to help partners define their narrative and create positive change.
Looking for an opportunity to apply your technical skills to help unleash the power of data for the impact sector? Join us!
UpMetrics is seeking two full-time software engineers to join our growing team.
You will be successful in the role if...
- You are eager to apply your experience to new challenges and continue to learn
- You are self-motivated, enjoy autonomy, and have an entrepreneurial mindset
- You are a team player and good communicator
- You love building highly functional, scalable, data-driven enterprise applications
- You are excited to work in a high-velocity, agile startup environment
- You are able to deliver as a member of a distributed engineering team
- You are serious about testing and have experience with automated testing frameworks
- Solve complex problems around data handling and processing
- Work across the entire stack (generalists welcome!)
- Help develop, maintain, and test code following TDD
- Implement and collaborate on new features
- Contribute to the maintenance and improvement of existing features
- Work closely with our product management team to identify product challenges and requirements for new functionality
- Provide thoughtful code reviews and technical insights to multiply team productivity
- You have 6+ years of experience as a full-stack software engineer
- You have experience with VueJS, Nodejs, GraphQL, MongoDB
- You have some DevOps skills; able to get hands dirty on Linux, AWS, Docker, CI pipelines, etc.
- You have experience with source control (Git) and CI terminology and practices
Our company values influence everything we do, from our work inside the office to how we choose our partners:
- Team First - Collaboration is key. We support each other, respect each other’s strengths, varying backgrounds and views. We value everyone’s input.
- Client Focused - Our work is personal. Many of us have direct experience working in the field and are deeply passionate about what we do. We take a partner approach with all our clients.
- Show Integrity - We are open, honest, ethical, and fair. We expect integrity from the team internally and the people we choose to partner with.
- Reflect and Improve - We are a data company always looking to get better. We test often, iterate, and look closely at metrics to build capacity and inform decisions.
- Let's Go! - To create positive change, we never settle. In uncharted territory, we embrace challenges as opportunities, take ownership, and strive for excellence.
Compensation & Benefits
- $130-$150K annual salary
- Equity incentive plan
- Health insurance discount for employees and family
- Fully paid Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment insurance
- Fully paid Short- and Long-term Disability insurance
- 401K plan
- Unlimited time off policy
- Training & development budget
- Remote work equipment
- Annual company retreat
- Outstanding team and meaningful work
Research shows that while men apply to jobs when they meet an average of 60% of the criteria, women/other underrepresented individuals only apply when they meet 100% of them. We believe that people of color, people from working class backgrounds, women, and LGBTQ+ people must be centered in the work we do. Hence, we strongly encourage applications from people with these identities, or who are members of other marginalized communities. If you think you have what it takes, possess transferable skills, are quick to learn, but don’t necessarily satisfy every requirement or meet every qualification, we would love to hear from you!
Applicants must be authorized to work in the United States. UpMetrics is unable to sponsor or take over sponsorship of employment visas at this time.