SellerCrowd.com is a community of 25k+ media and ad tech sellers sharing insider information about buyers on a daily basis.️ Sellers choose our platform to maintain their anonymity while getting access to the ever-growing database of information about agencies, advertisers, teams, and people working in them.
Our application is primarily based on React/Redux on the front-end and Python back-end (mix of REST API and GraphQL).
A few of the things you'll do with us...
- Build stuff! Know our stack well (React/Django) and make key decisions with the rest of the team.
- Help developers solve hard problems. Be available to answer questions quickly.
- Provide valued and thoughtful input with our team of 5 remote engineers. Review and critique others' work. Request that your work is reviewed and critiqued. Learn from others and help us all grow so we can do our best work.
- 2+ years of experience with React, Redux, and related
- 2+ years of experience with Python
- English fluency is not an absolute must but must be able to maintain a conversation and participate in daily standups.
- Understanding of fundamental concepts of relative databases (Postgresql in particular).
- Many of our developers are in the European time zone, so expect to have at least some overlap with these hours. That's most important at the beginning before you feel secure running on your own.
- Prior experience with Docker, Git/GitHub
- Sound experience with testing frameworks (Mocha, Enzyme, Jest, etc)
- Experience with Py.test
- Experience with Django (or another popular Python framework)
How we work
- We write a lot of tests, each PR is expected to at least maintain the test coverage level. We also have a dedicated QA person
- In addition to automated tests, we have excellent in-house manual testers to make sure no bugs (in code or business logic) slip into the production environment.
- We have automated workflows to support development, like auto-testing of each commit, auto-linting, and deployment.
- Each issue that makes it into the sprint backlog is a complete ready-for-development unit of work. Complete with designs and detailed business requirements.
- Each PR gets automatically provisioned and updated staging instance for both you and QA to validate your work.
- We do one ~15 minutes call every day to sync on the work status.
What we offer
- Salary range of $60k-90k USD per year, depending on your skills and experience
- Unlimited vacation
- Company retreats
- Friendly and supportive work environment