We are a mindfulness-based mental health company looking for experienced software engineers to join our remote team. We create evidence-based digital therapeutics that help our users change their behaviors for good by overcoming habits and addictions like anxiety, emotional eating, and smoking. MindSciences (now part of Sharecare) was founded by Judson Brewer MD PhD, author of The Craving Mind and the 4th most viewed TED Talk of 2016, "A Simple Way to Break a Bad Habit."
Sharecare is the digital health company that helps people manage all their health in one place. The Sharecare platform provides each person – no matter where they are in their health journey – with a comprehensive and personalized health profile, where they can dynamically and easily connect to the information, evidence-based programs and health professionals they need to live their healthiest, happiest and most productive life. With award-winning and innovative frictionless technologies, scientifically validated clinical protocols and best-in-class coaching tools, Sharecare helps providers, employers and health plans effectively scale outcomes-based health and wellness solutions across their entire populations. We are always looking for people that value the opportunity to work hard, have fun on the job, and make a difference in the lives of others through their work every day!
We develop and maintain several hybrid mobile apps and various web applications and tools. We value code written for humans and developers' happiness.
Director of Engineering at MindSciences responsibilities include:
- Manage daily operations developing and running our apps
- Oversee development work to ensure coding standards are met and best practices are followed
- Support delivery and release processes
- Coordinate between tech leads and product teams
- Support our tech teams' continuous improvement
- Improve processes and tech operations
- Are you self-organized and you understand the eco-system of a mobile app from platform to mobile interface to release management and payment processing systems?
- Do you enjoy managing multiple development projects to deliver quality apps and services?
- Do you listen to user feedback and pay attention to the details that make great user experiences?
- Are you interested in mindfulness, meditation, behavior change, and/or neuroscience?
- Do you want to work someplace that prioritizes developer happiness, learning and flow in the service of reducing suffering in the world -- no matter where you're working from?
- 7+ years working in software development
- 3+ years experience in leading and management position
- Hands-on experience developing mobile or SaaS apps
- Experience with any of the followowing recommended: RoR, NestJS, Ionic, Angular
- DevOps skills and experience are a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
We are a mixed international team with most developers based in Europe and South America. The work environment is relaxed with short daily standup video calls and Slack communication. While the position is full remote, we prefer people based in Europe, Eastern US or South America region for timezone overlapping.
We all know how fast stacks change these days, so we appreciate developers who are comfortable switching between technologies and willing to learn when a new skill is required. We also believe that your experience is a valuable asset and you will be part of the decision-making process to improve the quality of our programs and our architecture.