Redesign Health is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer – we recruit, train, compensate and promote our team members based on qualifications. We know how important it is not only to include, but to actively seek out a diversity of opinions and voices.
We want to hear from you regardless of your race, religion, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, veteran status, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.
is a company that powers innovation in healthcare. We develop technologies, tools, and insights that lower the barriers to change in healthcare, and provide a platform that enables founders and the broader healthcare ecosystem to build high-quality health solutions at scale. We have powered the launch of 28 companies to-date including Lively
, Vault Health
, and stealth ventures in health equity, kidney care, women’s health, complementary medicine, and many more. We’re on a mission to redesign health for everyone.
As our Data Engineer for our Platform & Data team, you will be responsible for developing and maintaining data pipelines, integrations, transformations, databases and data infrastructure that supports company objectives. Your goal is to fuel our organization with data that can power our analytic engines to reveal actionable insights and be part of a team that fosters the cultivation of a data-driven culture.
In this role, you will be primarily responsible for establishing integration pipelines from external and internal data sources. You will need to interact with 3rd party APIs and bulk data feeds from data providers and ingest them into our data systems.
You will report to and work with the Director of Data Engineering. The position can be fully remote within the United States or based out of our New York City headquarters.
What you'll do:
- Data Integration
- Establish data pipelines to external and internal data sources
- Work with both structured and unstructured data to efficiently extract and load into our data lake
- Design and implement data orchestration using tools like Airflow to manage scheduling and data flow across all the components of the data infrastructure
- Data Management
- Work within data lake environment to effectively store data that will be a valuable resource for analytics across the organization
- Build and maintain an agile architecture that can scale as our demands increase
- Capture metadata and preserve the fidelity of the source and data lineage from origin to staging and serving data environments.
- Construct data models that can be leveraged across the data ecosystem and work with relational databases that can support a master data store
- Data Delivery
- Leverage data transformation tools to transform and craft derivatives that can generate information and cultivate insights
- Iterate with business analysts to package data in a way that can be easily consumed by BI tools such as dashboards
- Effectively communicate the value of the new data to stakeholders within the data science, product and business teams
What you'll need:
- 2-4 years of experience developing data integration, transformation and data infrastructure systems using Python and SQL
- Experience using data integration tools in FiveTran, Airbyte or Snowpipe
- Experience data warehouses/lakes, such as Snowflake, Databricks or Redshift
- Ability to collaborate with cross-functional stakeholders and communicate technical requirements and considerations effectively
- Ability to be flexible within a start-up environment
- Ability to structure technical work and align with team objectives
- Technical Skills
- Expertise in SQL and Python
- Data integration experience using ETL/ELT tools and ability to build pipelines to internal (i.e., NetSuite, Greenhouse) and external (i.e., CB Insights, Vettd.ai) data providers
- Data storage and experience with data warehouses/lakes and ability to leverage them
- Experience with database systems that can scale out using distributed systems
- Data quality assurance approaches
- Ability to work with stakeholders within the organization to access data needs and valuable assets that can be used by analysts
- Data management and storage systems and critical thinking about how you would store data and what type of database system would be best suited for particular data sources
- Behavioral Skills
- Collaborates. Works cooperatively with others across the organization to achieve shared objectives. Represents own interests while being fair to others and their areas. Partners with others to get work done. Credits others for their contributions and accomplishments. Gains trust and support of others. Building partnerships and collaborating with others to meet shared objectives.
- Communicates Effectively. Is effective in a variety of communication settings: one-on-one, small and large groups, or among diverse styles and position levels. Attentively listens to others. Adjusts to fit the audience and the message. Provides timely and helpful information to others across the organization. Encourages the open expression of diverse ideas and opinions. Developing and delivering multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences.
- Manages Ambiguity. Deals comfortably with the uncertainty of change. Effectively handles risk. Can decide and act without having the total picture. Is calm, and productive, even when things are up in the air. Deals constructively with problems that do not have clear solutions or outcomes. Operating effectively, even when things are not certain of the way forward is unclear.
- Action Oriented. Readily takes action on challenges, without unnecessary planning. Identifies and seizes new opportunities. Displays a can-do attitude in good and bad times. Steps up to handle tough issues. Taking on new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy and enthusiasm.
You will work out of one of the following locations:
- Remote: Alabama, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, District of Columbia, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia, Wisconsin, Wyoming
What Redesign is all about
Redesign’s mission is to elevate healthcare companies that empower people to live their healthiest lives. To give a sense of what our team is all about, these are the values that guide our work:
- Redesign healthcare - We bring positive change to patients’ lives
- Own the outcome - We do the work to get the job done
- Be trusted partners - We strive to be the teammates and co-founders of choice
- Champion diverse perspectives - We work to unlock our joint potential
- Practice kindness - We aim to build bridges, not walls
- Learn continuously - We focus on constantly growing as individuals and as a team
Why work with us?
We care deeply about your well-being. And we’ve tailored our unique benefits around your wellness. Check out our full range of benefits here
, and a few of our highlighted benefits below:
- Benefits for your physical wellness:
- Full medical, dental, and vision coverage with no monthly contribution for you and your dependents (for all of our plans!)
- Quarterly in-home house cleaning
- $50 a month wellness stipend
- Benefits for your financial wellness:
- 401K match
- Student loan repayment contribution
- Tax preparation services
- Benefits for your mental wellness:
- Unlimited PTO
- An annual 2-week company-wide winter break
- 2 months sabbatical after 4 years
- Reimbursements to Spotify & Headspace
- Benefits for the wellness of parents:
- 16 week full paid parental leave
- Maven Clinic access with $10k lifetime contributions to fertility & adoption services
- Diaper subscription service & summer camp reimbursement program