Contra is an Independent-first community and commission-free hiring platform empowering the future of work. We match Independents with flexible opportunities, and Clients with the perfect Independent for any project — from content creation to coding. We strongly believe that independence isn’t just a gig, it’s a way of life.
You'll be joining an exceptional team of Frontend Engineers working in React, GraphQL, and Relay to build the future of work at a rapidly growing professional community.
You’ll be contributing to a growing React application, build and refine our internal design system, use Relay and Suspense to build cutting edge, API-driven experiences, and work on internal and external tooling, some of which we ultimately have plans to open-source and share with the broader community for everyone’s benefit. 🙌
How you’ll add value at Contra
- Contribute to a rapidly growing React application
- Build and refine our internal design system
- Ensure application safety and stability with Typescript and Jest
- Use Relay with React Suspense to build cutting edge, API-driven experiences.
You’ll be successful here if you
- Mission driven. Our mission truly resonates with you and you would like to be a part of what we are building together at Contra!
- A dedicated team player. You thrive in a collaborative, remote-only environment and you are comfortable with 8am-12 pm PST core hours!
- Passionate about learning. Share a genuine curiosity for learning, alway eager to pick up new skills. We don’t expect everyone to know everything but you learn quickly!
- Goal oriented. Understand what you need to do in order to achieve your goals without needing all of the bells and whistles.
- Committed to trying. Have the resilience and willingness to try and try again even if you fail after a few attempts!
- Ambitious attitude. You bring a strong work ethic and contagious energy to your team as we work towards our North Star.
- Path Paver. Joining a startup you enjoy taking ownership, building out processes and documentation that might not exist to share with your team members.
- Backend: NodeJS, GraphQL, GraphQL Helix, Redis, PostgreSQL
- DevOps: GitHub, ArgoCD, Kubernetes, GCP
- Frontend: React, Suspense, & Relay
How Contra can add value for you
- 🌎 Remote-only culture that is here to stay
- 🍎 100% health coverage for US full-time employees, and health reimbursements for all international contractors
- 💰 401k matching for US full-time employees
- 💸 $4,000 laptop reimbursement upon starting + additional equipment, co-working, education, meetup and charity budgets when
- 💛 No-meeting Wednesdays
- 🥬 Half days every third Friday of the month to enjoy a long weekend, reduce screen fatigue, and decompress
- 👋 Generous time off — 3 week-long company-wide shutdowns per year (Spring, Fall, Winter) so we can all collectively relax together, in addition to paid time off and flex days to look after your wellbeing.
- 👶 Flexible parental leave
- 🌴 Annual team wide off-site (our upcoming is in June 2022!)
- 💁 A custom slack emoji, just for you!
Our interview process
- Intro call (15-30 minutes)
- Complete a Technical assessment Form (20-30 minutes)
- Technical interview with Frontend Lead Engineer (30-45 minutes)
- Non-technical (introduction & culture) interview (30-45 minutes)
- Technical interview with CTO (30-45 minutes)
- $130k - $160k USD
- Equity Value Range: $72k - $180k USD