Aten Design Group is seeking a skilled Drupal Developer who focuses on frontend technologies to join our team. This is a fully remote position. Candidates must be based in and authorized to work in the United States.
Aten Design Group is a team of digital project managers, strategists, architects, designers and open-source developers serving a broad range of clients in education, non-profit, public sector, and other cause-focused industries. We've been working at the intersection of storytelling and technology since 2000, building interactive experiences that elevate mission-driven work. Our team is smart, passionate, and fun. We are headquartered in Denver, Colorado with a distributed workforce across several time zones.
You love the web, design, and collaboration. You have experience collaborating with designers to create custom interfaces and an interest in developing web applications using frameworks such as Gatsby or VueJS. You have the desire to create modular, reusable, and maintainable code. You are ready to work with SCSS, JS, and build tools, such as Gulp and Webpack. You primarily work with front-end technologies and have a commanding knowledge of Drupal. You are a good communicator and are strongly task-oriented. You are interested in progressing your craft, take your work seriously, and care about the impact it has on the world around you.
About the Position
You will be an integral member of a cross-functional team, closely collaborating with skilled designers, developers, and architects to tackle real-world problems alongside clients with diverse needs. This position requires clear, frequent communication – both internally and with clients – and the ability to quickly solve a variety of technical problems.
Well-qualified candidates will have:
- A minimum of 3 years of experience creating custom interfaces in Drupal.
- Alignment with our core company values: Trustworthy, Thoughtful, Creative, Eager, Productive, and Collaborative.
- A history of open-source contributions (show us your GitHub projects, Drupal.org profile, or similar)
- Excellent writing skills; we love to see blog posts, readme files for past projects, clear comments in code, etc.
- Eagerness to present at conferences and webinars and submit blog posts
- A love for helping others solve problems.
- The ability to give and receive constructive feedback
- Experience contributing to process improvement and the ability to bring new ideas to the table.
Nice to haves:
- Agency experience
- Experience with creating custom WordPress Gutenberg blocks
- Experience as a technical lead on full-cycle projects
- Proven leadership and mentoring skills
- Demonstrated ability to deliver complex projects within scope and budget with a high level of client satisfaction
Compensation and Benefits
We think we have one of the best workplaces on the planet. Here are a few reasons why:
- Salary $80k - $110k based on location, skills, knowledge, and experience
- Generous unlimited PTO policy (that we encourage you to use!)
- Flexible working hours
- 3% matching Retirement Plan
- Paid maternity and paternity leave
- Health, dental, and vision insurance for you and your dependent(s)
- Professional development opportunities
- Regular in-person company summits
Aten Design Group is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We believe the strongest teams are built when they are composed of people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We consider all qualified candidates without regard to race, color, religion or belief, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.
This employer participates in E-Verify. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.