It’s an exciting time at Crossbeam. Just two years post-launch, we have over three thousand companies using our platform, raised more than $40M of venture capital from leading VC firms, and are working with awesome strategic investors like Salesforce, Hubspot, Okta, and Slack. Best of all, we’re just getting started. In a market full of uncertainty, we are fortunate to have an unwavering long-term vision and the funding to see it through at full speed.
Crossbeam helps companies partner with each other in a more data-driven way by acting as an escrow service for data. Our platform allows companies to find overlapping customers and prospects with their partners (their ecosystem) while keeping the rest of their data private and secure.
With this big idea comes some fun and unique technical challenges: We’re like a social network for data warehouses, so the data gets big and our results need to show up fast; we need to reliably find “matches” between data sets originating from different systems; we need our users to love the experience and capture real value every step of the way; security and trust are paramount. And there’s more where that came from.
You’ll partner with our developers to ensure performance across our features. You will bring a mix of deep technical knowledge and operational business sense to deploy and scale systems in our fast-paced startup environment as the second SRE on the Engineering Team.
- Scaling & Growth. Take ownership of scaling our AWS EKS cluster, ELK stack, Postgres databases, Jenkins deployment, and more.
- Improvement of Process Work closely with other engineers on identifying and addressing shortcomings in our infrastructure and in our deployment processes.
- Monitoring and Alerting Build out more intelligent alerting systems, seek out potential threats to security and reliability, advocate solutions to these problems.
- Development. Grow and expand infrastructure products and software automation using Infrastructure as Code (IaC).
THESE ARE SOME OF YOUR TRAITS:
- You have worked in development before, acquiring a keen interest in Site Reliability, and love bringing infrastructure and your drive for development together.
- You have a deep understanding of AWS. You understand the cloud better than you know yourself, strengths and weaknesses alike.
- You’re comfortable with Docker and, preferably, proficient with Kubernetes.
- You’ll bring a wealth of knowledge for scaling databases like ElasticSearch, Postgres, MongoDB, or others.
- You have strong analytical and troubleshooting skills, thinking through big problems quickly is something you love.
- You have scaled a large software system and want to do it again.
WHAT TO EXPECT FROM CROSSBEAM'S INTERVIEW PROCESS
We go through the same interview steps for all Engineering candidates to ensure equity in our hiring process.
Our process is designed to learn as much about each candidate as possible, as well as to give candidates access to our team and learn about what it's like to be an SRE at Crossbeam. Topics will range from Development experience to problem-solving approaches and collaboration.
- First-round call with a Crossbeam in-house recruiter
- Take-Home Test
- The final Interview is set up to meet multiple folks in succession, here's who you will meet:
- Director of Engineering
- A few Developers
- Customer Success & Product Management team members
- Built-in 15 minute breaks for you and us!
This is a salaried role. In addition, Crossbeam offers:
- Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Flexible PTO Policy
- Parental leave
- Stock Option Plan
- 401k Plan + Match
HOW WE WORK
Our team has always emphasized remote work, with teammates in the Philadelphia area and distributed across the country. We’re committed to a remote-first culture, with the majority of our collaborative work happening on Slack and Zoom.
When we’re able and when travel feels comfortable again, we’ll celebrate with team offsites and events about once a quarter, and welcome our remote team to join for some facetime whenever they can. In the meantime, we’re focused on creating the best experience possible for new team members from a distance.
Trust is our business. We create value by building trust in our company, our team, our technology, and our network. Never let anything compromise that trust.
Feed the Network. Our customer network is our most valuable asset. Prioritize its growth.
Equity. We will build a workplace that ensures everyone has access to the same opportunities to share in our success.
This is Fun. Few people are lucky enough to do what we do. Follow the fun in every step of the journey.
Crossbeam is a collaborative data platform that helps companies build more valuable partnerships. We have an office in Philadelphia as well as a number of remote teammates across the US.
Fully remote candidates are encouraged to apply. We have an office in Center City Philadelphia which we’ve just reopened after being closed due to COVID. When we’re comfortable reopening the office, local candidates are also welcome to work from our Center City Philadelphia headquarters some or all of the time.
Crossbeam's core value of Equity sits at the heart of our hiring process, and we're proud to be building a culture where difference is valued. Applicants from diverse and non-traditional backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply. We recruit, employ, train, compensate and promote regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender, disability, age, or veteran status.