Make a difference in an innovative team and build a world class big data research platform.
Are you keen to work in a startup where your ideas, experience and willingness to find creative solutions – and not your title – makes a difference?
You will help design, create and improve our central automated trading platform, written mostly in Go. You will help to make our architecture even more secure, resilient and fault-tolerant while maintaining a modular, well-tested architecture with simple and elegant code, focussed on speed and latency. A good line of code for you is the one which wasn’t written. You see infrastructure as code and see the deployment and monitoring as an integral part of your work, DevOps-style. You rather try to use a AWS cloud service instead of running your own piece of infrastructure or code. Security is always on your mind, and you’re maybe always a little bit too paranoid. You will also help research developers to port their Code to Golang and maintain code quality. You love to explore new state-of-the-art tools and discuss them with your team. Contributing to Open Source projects (e.g. modules to connect to exchanges) is an important part of your work as well. You’re super detail and quality oriented and love to work in a team where most problems haven’t been solved so far – so we highly value creativity to find solutions.
- Deep understanding of modern cloud-based backend architectures and technologies
- Golang coding experience
- Database technologies, especially latency-focussed NoSQL (AWS DynamoDB, Redis, ElasticSearch, AWS S3)
- Distributed Systems (gRPC, Redis)
- DevOps deployment on AWS (Docker containers, AWS CloudFormation/CDK, AWS Opsworks, AWS ECS/Fargate)
- Maintaining a CD/CI Pipeline (AWS CodePipeline/Build/Deploy, Github Actions, TravisCI)
- Monitoring tools (AWS X-Ray, AWS CloudWatch, Datadog, Honeybadger, New Relic)
- Security Tools and Concepts (especially on AWS: VPC, IAM Roles, Security Groups)
- Excellent problem-solving skills and high attention to details
- Highly self-organized, self-learner, strongly quality oriented
- Fluent English speaker
- Analysis and math skills
- Experience with Serverless technologies (AWS Lambda)
- Experience with big data management and analysis toolchains like Databricks, Apache Spark, Kinesis
- Extended know-how about security, hardening and attack vectors
- Interest in crypto and/or financial markets
How to apply
We care about talent, skills, and continuous self-improvement and not how you have acquired those – university, code school or self-taught. Please send your application via email to [email protected]
as a PDF file and Github Profile.
What we offer
If you are eager to join a knowledge driven group of brilliant minds that value results above anything and do not engage in any political internal discussions, then you should join Numus.
As everyone of us is constantly learning and we are far from definitive answers yet, we embrace a global, diverse and collaboration-oriented team culture. We value open, smart and sharp minds, no matter their background. They are our greatest asset.
If you are curious, scientifically minded, entrepreneurial, passionate, a little bit quirky and fun: we would like to get to know you and become a part of our journey. Develop your skills together with us in a humble, remote, lean and agile environment.
We operate in a non-hierarchical structure on a self-management basis where skill counts instead of titles. Take initiative, initiate change and take responsible action. You also know when to ask for help.
You’ll be working with the latest cutting edge technology to solve real world problems. Creativity is a must in our company. We’re organized as a full remote-first company, so Everybody can choose freely to work remotely or from our offices or a mix of both, we will be able to adjust to your work-life balance.