Lullabot is seeking a full-time Drupal Developer who will thrive as part of our innovative and supportive client services team. We are looking for someone who writes organized, well-documented code, strives to follow coding standards and implement best practices, and who succeeds when working collaboratively on a team with content strategists, designers, developers, project managers, project owners, and clients.
The successful candidate will have strong technical skills combined with the ability to be creative and compassionate. They'll be able to manage themselves in a 100% remote-work environment and will possess excellent communication habits in order to work well with other team members and clients. Equally important is an individual who can stand behind and support our Core Values
Lullabot is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion. We strive to be a place where everyone, from any background, can do their best work and feel safe while doing so. We not only believe this is a core part of our Be Human value; it’s crucial to our Engineering Values
as well. In recruiting for our team, we welcome the unique contributions that you can bring!
- Working in a collaborative development team, usually consisting of back-end and front-end engineers and a technical project manager
- Writing and debugging back-end code for Drupal (including but not limited to):
- Drupal’s key APIs
- Custom module writing, converting, and editing for Drupal 7, 8, 9
- Working with advanced Drupal 8 tools such as Drush, Composer, Configuration Management, Plugins, Services, etc.
- Drupal 8 site-building tasks (including but not limited to):
- Enabling and configuring modules
- Settings, configurations, views, menus, view modes
- Managing a local development environment and working with command line tools
- Assisting as needed with content modeling and architecting solutions
- Performing or assisting with QA
- Attending scheduled stand-ups with project team to provide updates
- Collaborating, planning, and completing development tasks
- Peer reviewing co-worker and client code changes
- Assisting with back-end performance assessments and improvements
- Providing insight to help improve Drupal expertise of co-workers, contractors, and clients
- Documenting and evaluating requests from clients
- Setting priorities, expectations, and communicating with project manager and/or clients around project needs and task progress
The ideal candidate will have the following attributes:
- Professional code or other examples of systems you've designed or implemented relevant to enterprise CMS development.
- Knowledge of Drupal coding best practices and security standards.
- Used Git and Gitflow for version control in past professional roles
- Experience with pull request and peer review workflow
- Familiarity working within an agile workflow and project ticketing systems
- Has a well-rounded understanding of Drupal-adjunct technologies such as the LAMP platform, and Drupal theming
- Ability to plan, run, and write automated tests with tools such as PHPUnit or Nightwatch
- Strong written and verbal professional communication skills
- Has a professional, collaborative, and proactive approach to people and problems
- The ability to use the following skills on a daily basis: friendliness, judgment, empowerment, respect, integrity, tact, and honesty
- A discerning, critical mindset that avoids cynicism
- Team player with proven ability to work well under pressure and within deadlines
- Self-directed: able to work independently and within a virtual team, and consistently manage your own time and tasks
- A desire for a healthy work/life balance: though additional work may sometimes be necessary, we plan for a 40 hour work week
Bonus points for:
- DevOps knowledge
- Knowledge of Docker-based local development environments
- Familiarity with accessibility best-practices
- Familiarity with developer tools available in modern browsers
- Familiarity with managed hosting services and deployment tools
- Been an active member of an open-source web community
- Worked with large teams, 5+ people, on large projects from start to finish
- Must have a reliable internet connection and a willingness to work from home (or anywhere) in a distributed fashion.
- Must be able to use a computer for up to 8 hours per day
- Must be able to travel 2-3 times per year in the United States for client on-sites and company events. Travel will be limited initially due to Covid-19 considerations.
Education & Experience
Two or more years enterprise-level Drupal development experience or equivalent relevant experience required. Bachelor’s degree in computer science or information technology is a bonus.
We're looking for a full-time (40 hours per week) employee or contractor. Employees must be based in either the United States or Canada. We have the ability to work with contractors between the GMT +02 (Spain) and GMT -08 (US-West Coast) time zones.
$70,000-102,500 USD annually, pay will be commensurate with experience.
How to Apply
This position is open until filled. We are interviewing for multiple positions to start in mid-May.
Chances are good that working for Lullabot will be like nothing you've ever done before. Lullabot has been a leader in Drupal web development since our founding in 2006. We’re a distributed company without a central office, and our team is spread out across the U.S., Canada, South America, and Europe. We are masters of communication and our tightly-knit team works very closely despite geographical separation. In fact, most new employees say they feel more connected to their co-workers at Lullabot than they ever did at a conventional co-located company.
Lullabot is a 100% employee-owned ESOP
, and the majority of our team are full-time employee-owners. We provide a great benefits package
including health, vision, dental, and life insurance; a retirement plan; a generous tech stipend for employees to purchase computers, cell phones, or other work-related expenses; and an annual professional development budget. We offer new employees 15 paid days off per year, 20 paid days off per year after your two-year anniversary, and 25 paid days off after your seven-year anniversary. In addition, we offer a four-week paid Sabbatical once an employee hits 10 years with Lullabot. (Plus holidays!) And did we mention there's no commute? Your time is flexible as well, so if you need to take a break to pick the kids up from school, it's not a problem.
We have flexible hours, but we tend to schedule meetings during the North American workday and expect employees to be online and available during most of this time. Self-direction, an approachable and confident attitude, and a focus on quality over quantity are some of the things we look for. We work from both the head and the heart and guide our decisions by our Core Values
One more thing...
We strive to be transparent about our timeline and welcome you to reach out to Human Resources at [email protected]
to touch base on your application at any time.
Lullabot, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing an environment that is free from discrimination and harassment based on race, age, creed, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, gender, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Our EEO policy applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, hiring, promotions, discipline, terminations, wage and salary administration, benefits, and training.
Applicants who require reasonable accommodation to complete the application and/or interview process should notify Human Resources at [email protected]