Hippo Education is on a mission to change the way doctors learn and take care of patients. We create best-in-class medical education products that keep clinicians at their best. We are financially strong and continue to grow with new products and a team that has grown to more than 50 people today. We’re a fun-loving and quick-to-laugh group who love to make a positive difference. Some of us work at the main office / studio in Los Angeles, while most of us work remotely. Hippo’s a fantastic place to work and we’re genuinely proud of the impact we have on clinicians and their patients.
As a Full Stack React Developer, you'll be instrumental in creating our next generation products and modernizing our existing codebase using React, React Native, and Postgres. In your role, you’ll have the opportunity to make a big impact within our small team, and plenty of room to grow, helping to shape our team and culture. Collaboration and a passion for solving challenging problems will be key to your success.
- Development of full-stack web applications using open-source frameworks
- Strong RDMS database skills
- Familiarity with Node.js
- Proficient with GitHub
- A portfolio of projects utilizing the above skills
- Excellent communication skills,
- A great sense of humor, optimism, and collaboration
Bonus points for experience with:
- Experience with testing and building tools (Npm, Bower, Mocha, Chai)
- Sequelize ORM & jsonapi
- Hybrid mobile app development
- LAMP stack
- DevOps (nginx, amazon cloud)
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Full time with remote / telecommute option
- 4 weeks paid vacation
- Competitive salary, 401(k), and health benefits
Send us your resume as well as links to relevant examples of recent work (your GitHub or equivalent profile would be a great way to start). We'll get back to you within a few days if there is a fit.