Politech is the company behind Blocks, a SaaS web application for effective political advocacy. We help organizations manage and realize their policy goals by providing them with tools that assist them in tasks such as voter registration, grassroots organizing, and outreach. Our primary focus has been to assist progressive organizations that advocate on behalf of underserved communities. Our software platforms have been a vital part of keeping such organizations successful and efficient.
Who We Are
We are deeply committed to public service and progressive social change. We are 100% minority owned and operated with a diverse team, inclusive of gender, ethnicity, and race.
Politech seeks a Front End Developer to join our team. We are looking for an individual with excellent communication skills who will work as a team player and a self-starter. The ideal candidate should have mid-level experience, but won’t be placed in some hierarchical structure. This position will work directly with the other developers and reports directly to the CEO.
The individual should be highly motivated to make a difference and to move progressive issues forward. Our employees’ opinions matter to us for the success of the company and we want you to bring creative solutions to make our work better for our clients. Interest and understanding of politics and campaigns is a plus, but not required.
Our employees are from all over the country and bring varying levels of experience to the company. First and foremost, we value honesty from all employees. We strongly encourage a work environment centered on open communication and conscientiousness. Working remotely gives our employees the ability to better maintain a work-life balance, but we expect that productivity and job performance will not be sacrificed.
We are a fully remote team so you will need to be flexible to work with staff in different time zones when requested.
- Develop and maintain our web application with ES6
- Implement API requests and responses on the client-side
- Work closely with our designer to implement new features from mockups and prototypes using React, JSX
- Build reusable React components that can apply to a variety of use-cases throughout our app
- Migrate existing UIs built in HAML and JQuery to reusable React components
- Build controllers in Ruby on Rails to serve API requests to the front end
- Familiarity with concepts of RESTful APIs
- Experience with React/Redux or other modern JS framework
- Familiarity with Ruby on Rails
- Proficient with Git
- Redux experience
- Familiarity with mobile app development using React Native or Swift
- Familiarity with GraphQL
- You care about design and user experience
- You think in systems. You’re conscious of making our process more modular, reusable, and composable
Compensation: Salary commensurate with knowledge, experience, and qualifications.
Politech is an Equal Opportunity Employer that greatly values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
How to apply
Email [email protected] with your GitHub account (or similar), resume, and cover letter. Write us something explaining who you are, what you do, why you want this job. You should be able to show samples of your previous work upon request.
Use “Front End Developer - (Full Name)” as the subject line of your email.