The way we're working isn't working.
You've seen it firsthand. Tensions between teams. Meetings to prepare for meetings. Leaders who suck up all the oxygen in the room. Talented people unable to make decisions and move the work forward. Unclear priorities. Products and customers that suffer as a result.
You've been to this rodeo before. Built something. Been inside one (or more) of the startups people talk about. But doing it all again—in the same way with the same people—just isn’t going to cut it this time. That’s why you’re here. You’re looking for something different. You’re looking for a chance to do the best work of your life. We're building Murmur to give that chance to millions. Our mission is to change how the world works by enabling the practice of making, keeping, and sharing better working agreements.
As a full stack developer, you'll join our growing team of four as our second engineer, charged with getting the product into the hands of real users (we have many companies waiting) in Q1 of 2021.
What ongoing activities is the role responsible for?
- Creating the software systems that allow users to be successful in Murmur.
- Observing our software systems to optimize the implementation level of Murmur.
- Tending the software systems to keep them easy to reason about.
- Collaborating fluidly with other roles at Murmur to make decisions about features, functionality, and roadmap.
- Documenting how and why the software systems are built the way they are.
What decisions can this role make?
- How should we implement features and functionality that Murmur needs to be successful? (w/ advice)
- How do the software systems fit together and talk to each other [api contracts and data structures]? (w/ advice)
- What principles are necessary to try tools and processes that will help us be effective and deliver software we can be confident in?
What does this role need to know how to do?
- GraphQL (Apollo)