Crazy Egg is a pioneer in data visualization and every month billions of visitors interact with the work our engineers do. If you love the feeling of solving interesting and challenging problems, we've got them for you. We’re a small, highly skilled and highly focused team doing big things so every team member matters.
We are fully-remote, worldwide and asynchronous. We believe in building the best team possible, regardless of geographic location. We believe you know the best way for you to work. You choose the location and schedule that works best for you. Since our inception we’ve never had an office. This gives you a lot of time flexibility and freedom to determine the best way to solve a problem, but requires you to be proactive, self-managed, and have excellent written communication, ownership and follow through.
We've been a self-funded and profitable company since day one (over 200 months of profitability in a row). We have the stability of an established company, the independence to operate in the manner we feel is best, and we are still small enough to have the excitement of a startup.
Your voice matters here. We are constantly seeking feedback on how we can improve our team, our product, the way we work together, and our company. We want to see you grow here and we will support you in learning new skills and technologies while on the job. We believe in long-term relationships with our team members which is why we share in our revenue growth, provide a self-education fund, and do monthly 1:1s with a focus on personal development.
What We're Looking For
We don't have management overhead at Crazy Egg and as such we need independent, self-motivated, and self-disciplined senior-level team members. We are a small, fully-remote, high-functioning team.
To succeed in our environment, you'll need:
- Desire to constantly improve yourself, your team, and the products you work on. Crazy Egg spends a lot of time experimenting with new processes, getting internal feedback, and when facing issues finding a way to not just solve the current issue but prevent or improve it in the future.
- Experience working remotely with team members in different time zones.
- Someone who can work independently, but knows when to stop and get help when needed.
- Ability to brainstorm multiple solutions and describe the tradeoffs of each solution.
- Excellent written communication skills.
- Bonus: Experience in small teams.
We're currently looking for:
- Focus and experience with optimizing web application performance and security. We’ll ask for examples.
- Professional experience with a variety of AWS services, including EKS, RDS, Kinesis, Lambda, SQS.
- Bonus: Direct experience dealing with data at scale (think billions of data points monthly, terabytes of data, etc).
- Bonus: Advanced database design and optimization experience
- Bonus: Absinthe/GraphQL experience
- Bonus: React experience (helps communicate with our front-end team)
- Bonus: Ruby experience
- Bonus: Kubernetes experience