ABOUT LEARN TO BE
Learn To Be is a non-profit bringing free, 1-on-1, online tutoring to underserved youth around the United States. We work primarily with K-12 foster youth, homeless youth, students on nutritional assistance and students from otherwise struggling families.
We pair these students with volunteer tutors composed of high schoolers, college students, professionals and retirees. The two work a couple of hours a week, 1-on-1, on whatever the student needs help and for as long as the student needs the academic support.
To date, we’ve hosted over 100,000 hours of tutoring, with 80,000 of those hours coming in the last two years as the pandemic has turned our education system upside down. And while COVID may be on its last leg, online education isn’t.
We are funded for at least the next 5 years and ready to scale our organization. Come work with us and help to expand our platform to more underserved youth!
- Architect, build and maintain key features in our application including:
- Improving our processes for enrollment and matching of tutors and students
- Improving our SaaS platform to help partners reach more students
- Improving internal tools for our operations/marketing teams
- Building an impact measurement platform to measure student learning
- Be a subject matter expert in software architecture and best practices
- Mentor and guide other engineers through detailed code reviews
- Ensure the smooth operation of our systems
YOU SHOULD HAVE
- 5+ years developing full-stack web applications in a fast-paced environment
- Proficiency developing in modern Ruby on Rails (Rails 6/7, Stimulus, Hotwire, etc)
- Experience writing well-tested software
- Experience integrating internal and third-party APIs
- An agile approach to software development and maintenance cycles
OUR TECH STACK
- Ruby on Rails 6
- Postgres DB
$120,000 - $150,000 USD
- Medical, Dental, Vision coverage
- Unlimited Vacation
- Home office stipend