About the Role:
We’re looking to bring on our first very QA Engineering Manager to our distributed engineering team. The purpose of this role is to ensure the engineering teams can continue to focus on improvements in speed, safety, and quality throughout the entire SDLC as we continue to scale up the engineering department.
As our very first QA Engineering Manager hire, you will inherit a team of wonderful, passionate professionals and will be responsible for building out processes and the team as Cube continues to grow.
- Our back-end is written in Python and built using Django.
- Our infrastructure is hosted within AWS and follows the well-architected framework.
- Our processes are driven by automation, experimentation, observability and security.
How you’ve been spending your time:
- Experience leading quality assurance engineers in a remote-first environment.
- Exceptional communication skills and are able to communicate effectively to both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver well-designed and well-tested software within an agile environment
How you’ll spend your time with Cube:
- Ensure your team is constantly exceeding all of their commitments and performance goals.
- Nurture an environment of continuous growth within your team by providing motivation, mentorship, and learning opportunities.
- Own the practices and processes within your team and constantly focus on their improvement.
- Foster a culture of goal setting within your team and ensure everyone is continuously working towards their goals.
During your first 3 months at Cube:
- Get familiar with our product, customers, and the problems we’re trying to solve as a company.
- Become familiar with our technical stack, standards, and best practices.
- Be eased into our on-call rotation to learn how we respond to and resolve production issues.
- Help shape your team by participating in the hiring process.
- Understand the career goals and motivations of the team reporting to you.