We are looking for an exceptional, proactive, detail-oriented lead full-stack engineer. You will manage our full-stack development team and contribute heavily to the architecture, design and development to produce novel applications that manage AI-enabled devices in remote areas with poor connectivity. This is a chance to join a fast moving startup at a time when you can strongly influence the design decisions, technology selection and talent recruitment.
- Deliver working web/desktop/device apps on a robust back-end and middleware solution
- Translate high level requirements into specific design requirements
- Manage the development team to deliver quality outputs, following agile methodologies.
- Architect the front-end, back-end and middleware solutions for our web apps, iOS and Android apps that interact with remote embedded devices.
- Design and develop key components
- Mentor, coach and develop the team
- Interact with the other development teams to ensure a complete system design.
- Manage risks to the apps roadmap
- Represent the company at technical and business events
- Recruit to grow the applications development team
Essential skills/ experience:
- Commercial full-stack scalable system design and delivery experience
- Proficient with multiple modern technology such as MEAN, MERN, React, Vue, Angular, Node, GO, Express, MongoDB, SQL, NoSQL, MQTT, Kafka, ELK, Docker, Kubernetes, Message Brokers, etc.
- Multi-platform architecture / design experience
- SaaS / B2B / Multi-customer development and deployment experience
- Strong software design and development experience, including OO design
- Strong rapid / iterative development skills
- Excellent full-stack design and development experience
- Team lead experience
- Commercial experience with cloud deployment, network diagnostics and data analytics
- Excellent communication skills (written, and spoken)
- Customer / user engagement experience
- Strong commitment to agile practices
- Strong understanding of security essentials, session management, etc.
- Familiarity with TDD, BDD, CI, CD etc.
- Devops system design and deployment experience
Desirable skills/ experience:
- Scalable IoT solutions experience
- User experience design and mockup skills
- Web app, iOS and Android app GUI design experience
- Familiar with serverless architecture
- Familiar with micro-services architecture
- Familiar with LoRa, Wi-Fi, Iridium, 3G, 4G etc.
- Early stage startup experience preferred
- Embedded software experience beneficial
We work around delivery-focused, agile sprints, with a sustainable work-life balance.❤
You will be making impact early and regularly - build your skills, while drive the technology forward and change the world.
- Bonus, pay rise and shares options for excellent impact
- Gym discounts, free phone insurance, shopping and supermarket discounts plus many many more!
- Paid classroom training and online courses
- Relocation, home office equipment support, as needed
- Allowance for fresh fruits & snacks & ☕
- Latest tech and tools to make your work lives easier
Location: Our core team is currently based in Harwell Space Campus, with near-term plans to move our office base to central Oxford/ London. Full time remote work is possible for qualified candidates. Depending on the projects, there will also be overseas travel.
Questions? Please write to recruitment [at] archangel [dot] im. This role will close once suitable applicants are appointed, with the start date negotiable.
Data protection: To comply with data protection laws, we keep all candidates' personal data confidential and secure while their applications are being considered and remove such data as soon as possible once a decision has been reached.
TIER 2 SPONSORSHIP
We are only licensed to sponsor candidates who are already in the UK on certain visas that can switch to Tier 2.
All candidates requiring tier 2 visa are welcome to apply and will be considered alongside all other applications, but please note that the limited numbers of sponsorship certificates would need to be reserved for exceptional talents. In other words, the non-EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. The UK Visas and Immigration department requires employers to complete this test to show that no suitably qualified EEA or EU worker can fill the post. Those currently exempted from this test are in-country Tier 4 visa holders, for example. For further information please visit the UK Visas and Immigration website
** No recruitment agencies please**