We are Astro HQ and we build hardware and software tools that unlock creativity and productivity. Tools like:
- Astropad – Software that turns the iPad into a high-end drawing tablet.
- Luna Display – The first hardware solution that turns the iPad into a wireless second display.
We are looking for a Windows Software Engineer to join our team. You would lead our effort to bring Astropad & Luna Display to the Windows platform. We are looking for someone that is ready for the challenge and wants to make a big impact as part of a small team.
- Work on cross-platform infrastructure in Rust, C, and C++
- Build our Windows user interface and corresponding platform layer
- Develop test suites and internal tools
- Collaborate on a daily basis with our engineering team via Slack, Zoom, and GitHub
Skills & Requirements
- Extensive experience developing for Windows
- Familiarity with C/C++ and Visual Studio
- Familiarity with the Rust language a plus
- Experience with DirectX a plus
- Experience in developing drivers and support software on a Windows platform for USB and other peripherals a plus
- Comfortable reading macOS/iOS Objective-C code
- Experience in shipping Windows applications
- Self-starter with a passion for product development
- Experience working remotely a plus
About Astro HQ
We are a small, bootstrapped startup founded by a team of ex-Apple engineers. Our tools are used by tens of thousands of creative pros and some of the largest animation studios in the world, and we are just getting started! We are looking for people passionate about building the next generation of tools that unlock creativity to join our team.
We are a fully remote company with a small office in Minneapolis, MN. If this sounds interesting to you, please get in touch!
- Remote work (or our office in Minneapolis, MN)
- Flexible work schedules
- Competitive pay + equity
- Health & dental insurance
- Parental leave
- 3 weeks vacation
- $300/mo towards a co-working space
- Challenging and creative work
- High impact and significant responsibility