42 is an end-to-end analytics stack for retailers & brands!
Whether it's store managers running a/b tests on new product placement, CEOs looking at their global store performance, or merchandisers planning the next season, our platform enables retailers and brands to get instant visibility in their business.
The majority of retailers don't have the in-house expertise to spin up data infrastructure. Instead, they piece together reports in excel on a daily basis. This works fine for small eCommerce brands, but not for retailers in the $100m-$5bn range. That's where we come in.
We offer our customers:
- Retail-specific dashboard: best-practice metrics / visuals are built-in & customizable
- No integration: we make their data & systems work with our platform
- Hosted infrastructure: we host the pipelines & data warehouse
We also have a special business model for retailers which we're happy to share with
you during the interview :)
- We have high user engagement & no churn (even during the pandemic)
- We run the analytics for brands you know
- We are growing & profitable
- Seed-stage & YC-backed
- Small team, lots of opportunities to grow and shape the future of the company
- We are a no ego, no bs, collaborative group passionate about our product & customers
- App: NodeJS (coffeescript & typescript), Angular
- Data: PySpark, SAP HANA (postgres-like)
- Infra: AWS, GCP, Docker
- Optimizing our query engine such that every query runs under 5s
- Automating the integration process by improving our underlying spark framework
- Creating connectors that allows us to add customer-specific tweaks
- Generalizing new features so that they work with all of our customers and can support many use cases
- Rewrite our admin portal from scratch (and choose framework for dashboard v2)
- Pair program a new customer onboarding
- Email template editor for our report scheduler
- Replace our data warehouse with Spark 3.0 + GPUs
- Spin up an image resizing & caching proxy
- Data source health monitor
- KPI triggers: send notification on out of stocks
- GPT-3 + 42=?
- Can overlap ~4hrs with UTC-7 (PT) timezone
- Strong programming skills with languages like JS/TS and/or Python
- 3+ years professional software development experience
- Bachelor's degree in STEM (or equivalent) preferred
- Familiar with SQL and data modeling
- Familiar with cloud platforms like AWS or GCP
- Can work well as part of a fast-paced remote-first startup
- Self-motivated, resourceful and can get things done with minimal direction
- Passionate about eliminating technical debt
- Competitive equity package
- Hardware stipend
- Company games every 2 weeks, IRL meetup every 6 months
- Flexible vacation policy
- Special requests welcome!
If this sounds interesting to you, we'd love to hear from you!
Apply via email and put BRING TOWEL in the subject line to prove you are a human