Zedify is building a system for deliveries that is fit for the future and better in all ways; zero emission by default (no offsetting here), intuitive & flexible (a great customer experience) and better for people (no gig economy for us).
- We’re looking for java developers to work on our core technologies that are driving our mission.
- We’re innovating the whole delivery process and the tech team have the enviable role of building the software to delight our customers, provide great tools for our teams and analyse data that drives operational efficiency throughout.
- We have an exciting road map and framework and you’ll be given the autonomy to use your own skills and ideas so that you see the value of your input immediately.
You’ll share our ideals on sustainability and ethics, have a positive attitude and be motivated to make an immediate impact. We’re a small business with big ambitions and you’ll relish the challenges and opportunities that come with this.
We work hard to create a workplace where everyone feels welcomed and included and treated fairly and respectfully. We believe this creates the best environment for individuals to contribute to our mission and realise their full potential. We embrace diversity and welcome applications from all members of the community.
We are looking for ambitious developers to join our small but growing tech team to help build out our core product which underpins activities to support deliveries by cargo bike. The initial version of the software is in use and there is an exciting set of features on the roadmap for us to build and deploy to innovate and automate processes and improve the customer experience.
The core system manages the business rules and provides an API and data manipulation facilities. The VueJS websites provide custom views onto that data for specific roles including clients, hub managers and riders. The hub managers group bookings into rounds for riders to carry out. Riders view and record details about the deliveries. Ultimately, the data drives invoicing, data analysis, reporting and continuous improvement.
We work with the product team to work out the details of features to build and hear directly from users. Assumptions can be validated in real time with our customers who are part of our Slack community, so we can get fast feedback & work in an agile fashion. We try to keep the journey from coding to release as short as possible; your work could be live & in use within days.
The work will be varied and include, depending on experience and abilities:
- scoping changes and identifying the approach to achieve them technically
- working out technical designs to implement the changes in the existing system
- coding and testing both front-end and back-end
- troubleshooting technical issues that arise
- reviewing code written by others in the team
- investigating and making use of third-party components
- supporting other developers day-to-day
Your role will evolve as the company grows and highlighting the types of work you’d like to do will be warmly received. You'll work closely with the other developers and with the wider team. There is much opportunity to learn new technologies and skills in this work as we bring in new components and build up the system further.
The salary range reflects a mixture of roles available from more junior developer roles to senior or lead engineer.
Who we’re looking for
You’ll be talented at coding with an ability to work with an existing code-base.
You’ll want to make a difference and be part of a wider team that’s excited about making our cities more liveable. Disappearing into a large organisation or doing the same thing every day doesn't appeal.
Your core skillset should include:
- Self-motivated and with experience working remotely and in a team
- Ability to communicate well outside the software team
- Strong understanding of web software concepts
- Work with the existing code-base, adopting our code style
- A degree in computer science or a maths-based subject or plenty of experience in software development
The role can be completely remote or hybrid to suit. We have an office in Cambridge and some occasional visits to hubs and to Cambridge will be needed although this will be rare.
The role can be filled part-time or full-time and the hours can be flexible as long as there are some hours of overlap with 9am-5pm Monday to Friday.
You'll have a positive outlook and be a great team player, willing to change and adapt your work and approach to get the best results for Zedify. You'll be excited by our purpose and motivated by our impact.
What to expect from us
If you are looking for a mission-focused business in a start-up environment then Zedify may be the right place for you. You’ll get autonomy to make decisions straight away and your input will quickly make an impact and help ensure more deliveries are made with zero emissions, creating the healthier and more liveable cities of the future.
If you think this sounds exciting, we'd love to hear from you. Send us your cv and details of what you can bring to the team. Tell us why you are interested in this particular position and why Zedify feels like the right place for you.
We're committed to your ongoing professional development and you'll have time in work to attend relevant training. We can offer a competitive salary, flexible working, potential share options and EV/Bicycle salary sacrifice scheme alongside a great team culture to work with. We look forward to hearing from you!