PrestaShop is a highly flexible, web-based e-commerce CMS, used by thousands of developers worldwide to create stores, modules, and themes – many of which are sold in our marketplace.
We are looking for motivated, highly-skilled developers to join the core team that maintains the PrestaShop open-source project.
Your mission, should you choose to accept it: help make PrestaShop the best solution for creating an e-commerce site.
For that, as a member of the core development team, and surrounded by senior developers, you will work side by side with our product and QA teams… as well as hundreds of external contributors.
As a maintainer of a platform used by hundreds of thousands of merchants and developers around the world, you will be proud of the high-quality code you will produce, meaning that it’s readable, maintainable, tested, and documented. Your technical choices will impact thousands of people directly, and millions indirectly.
Since PrestaShop is an open-source project, as an active community member, you will also:
- Develop high-quality, robust and extensible features, tailored for users and developers as well;
- Be regarded as an expert, inside and outside the company;
- Review code submitted by your colleagues and project contributors;
- Know how to give advice, criticize constructively… and handle criticism professionally;
- Participate in many discussions, be it on GitHub or public Slack.
- Fix bugs reported by the community – without introducing new ones!
PrestaShop must also keep its technical leadership. Developers spend time training and sharing their new knowledge with their colleagues (inside and outside the company) so that they can progress as well.
- PHP 7.1+
- MySQL 5+
- Symfony 3.4/4.4;
- HTML (Smarty and Twig) / CSS (SASS)
Hosting and servers:
- All major shared hosting environments (OVH, Godaddy, …)
- Google Cloud Platform
- Apache / Nginx
- You think before you start writing code
- You enjoy coding and people recognize you as a good developer
- You know how to use Git: you can rebase and resolve merge conflicts without any trouble
- You are a team player, but you aren’t afraid of speaking up to defend your point of view
- You are comfortable writing and speaking in English (you will be demoing your work live on Youtube)
- You speak French (not mandatory)
40-80k€ depending on experience, location or type of contract
PrestaShop is a remote-friendly company and accepts both full remote work and flexible office presence. Most of the Core team works remotely and meets in Paris about once a month to spend time together and have a beer (or three). Applicants can live anywhere, but must work within 3 hours of Paris time.