Initialized Capital, an early-stage venture capital firm with over $1B under management, is hiring a Lead Software Engineer. This role reports to the Head of Product and will focus on the web and mobile web experience for the software that powers Initialized’s investing, portfolio management, and marketing processes. They will oversee remote engineers, leading technical discussions, driving technical decisions and providing best practice guidance. Collaborating closely with product and design, this role will architect, build and implement solutions that drive how we work.
This position has the option of being 100% remote (within the continental US and Puerto Rico) or working from one of our offices in San Francisco or NYC.
- Manage all technical aspects of Initialized investing, portfolio management, and marketing support software
- Lead a small team of remote engineers to design/implement key technical projects
- Collaborate with product, design, and stakeholders to iterate and continually improve our software
- Write efficient, maintainable code that is easy to read and well-documented
- Have a focus on quality, and operate iteratively to get from good to better
- Work independently and collaboratively in a dynamic and fast-moving team
- BS/MS/Ph.D. in Computer Science or a related discipline, or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of experience in Full-Stack product development
- Familiar with modern web development practices, with direct experience in React.js, Ruby, and cloud-based architectures
- A good understanding of business needs and the ability to reconcile tech debt, feature scope, and business requirements.
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral
- Integrity, judgement, discretion, credibility, professionalism and a good sense of humor