Proxyclick is a rapidly growing tech company based in the heart of Europe. Our mission is to help businesses better manage their visitors well beyond the simple act of registration. We incorporate into the visitor experience notions of security, health and safety, brand promotion and communication, and privacy.
Our cloud-based SaaS visitor management solution caters to the enterprise security needs of companies such as Airbnb, Audi, Dimension Data, L’Oréal, or Pepsico. Millions of people around the world use our apps.
In everything we do, we strive to build the best possible product. Our goal is to combine simplicity and power to deliver an awesome experience.
We’re looking for a C# software engineer to join our EU team in Rotterdam. You’ll help us build secure, reliable and scalable solutions in an exciting area of our business, the physical access and identity of visitors and employees. You’ll be joining a team of other C# and React (Native) developers who build visitor access control integrations and the Proovr app.
Your work is really not just writing code, we interact a lot with customer success and the product manager to realize the solutions for problems they bring to us.
What we expect from you
You won’t need to be familiar with all these technologies to start working with us. Great people learn what we use quickly and contribute more through their work-ethic rather than the specific technical skills you might have. We’d love it if you can introduce technologies to the team that make your life easier.
Great to haves
- You know your way around a C# code base and understand the fundamentals of the language, for example you understand the data structures (lists, dictionaries, hashsets), asynchronous programming, making an http call etc.
- You understand relational databases and SQL and can work with this in a day-to-day manner. We have our specialists in the team, but everyone should know how to write a query or two.
- You have experience in building secure RESTful APIs and HTTP, you understand cookies, headers, caching and other aspects of building and maintaining web and API applications.
- You pay attention to details and don’t mind speaking up when something doesn’t make sense. You think critically and love seeing our software serve the customer better.
- You like fully owning your software and ensuring it runs smoothly in production. Doing a bit of infrastructure (we run on Azure) is something you find interesting to explore. The term DevOps is something that doesn’t scare you.
- You’re a team player with a positive attitude, others trust you and enjoy working with you.
- You like finding creative ways to solve problems, are happy prototyping something quickly and love showing your ideas to team mates to improve the quality of the systems we build. Our ultimate goal is customer success!
Nice to haves
- You have experience with React, Angular, Vue or another recent JS framework
- You have experience with distributed (queue based) systems and have worked with eg. RabbitMQ, ActiveMQ, Kafka, Azure Service Bus or any other queuing system.
- You have experience building and maintaining software in production, are familiar with setting up build and deployment pipelines.
- The opportunity to have a direct impact on an exciting project with global reach
- A great experience in state-of-the-art web technologies
- Competitive compensation including stock options
- A nice working atmosphere, surrounded by a passionate, high-pace and communicative team
- Flexible working time and possibility to work remotely
- International culture and learning atmosphere
- Annual remote working trip (check our YouTube channel for a preview of our last ones)
- We set our hiring bar really high—you will be working with the best
Equal Opportunity Employer
At Proxyclick we aim to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and backgrounds leads to a better environment for our people and a better product for our users. We welcome everyone to our workplace, no matter where you are from, and the more diverse we are, the more unified our ability to ensure respectful connections all around the world.