Please note: Tactiq's recruiting system was down Sept 26 to Sept 28. Please do not hesitate to reach out to us again!
Remote Lead Backend Engineer
Time zones: UTC -3 to UTC -6
Join Tactiq, the eLogistics leader keeping food on local shelves across the US. Our team is building SaaS solutions to everyday out-of-stock and invoicing problems faced by America's largest retailers. Our developers deliver native mobile apps and web applications backed by cloud agnostic APIs that enable you to buy the food you love from the stores you trust.
The Lead Backend Engineer will be responsible for leading the design and development of a large scale public API suite. Their responsibilities include architecture and software design, all aspects of development, and team leadership. The Lead Backend Engineer will organize the activities of up to four Backend Engineers. They will have a leadership role in a remote-first scrum team with individuals in five countries in Europe and the Americas.
- Own system architecture and implementation
- Help develop timelines, priorities, and work allocation
- Mentor a team of platform developers. Delegate responsibilities.
- Collaborate with frontend, QA, DevOps, mobile and product teams and a scrum master to get to market rapidly and with quality!
- Strong Python skills
- Experience with Linux, Postgres, and AWS-centric development.
- Past use of OpenAPI, DynamoDB, Lamba, SQS, Angular, Terraform or CloudFormation would be great.
- Excellent communication skills and a head for problem solving
- Degree in Computer Science preferred
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. EOE