We develop complex and specialized platforms for customers from various industries, at the moment mainly in the financial sector, where we have established ourselves as the market leader for onboarding solutions.
You would like to work on challenging projects without having to deal with cumbersome bureaucracy?
You want to really understand the customer's needs and develop your own creative solution for him?
You want to continue using Ruby and maybe learn a functional language (Clojure) in the future?
Then you've come to the right place!
In order to improve our platform, we are looking for support from ambitious, motivated and passionate Ruby developers.
- You develop our existing Ruby backend on your own responsibility, create processes for our customers and then operate these solutions in the cloud
- If you enjoy it, you can also work in the frontend
- You will be involved in the entire software development cycle, from design and go-live to maintenance and documentation
- You ensure code quality through code reviews and automated tests
- You support and advise your colleagues in the development of concepts and ideas
- Perspective option to develop the technical basis for a novel green field project in the context of dynamic forms and contracts based on Clojure in the backend and, depending on experience, gladly with ClojureScript/React/Reagent in the frontend as well
- You deal with abstract concepts and (meta-)data modeling, but also with concrete questions about the implementation of customer requirements
- You bring excellent knowledge and experience in the development of backend systems, especially in Ruby and Ruby on Rails
- You manage the balancing act between reliability, maintainability and performance
- Software development is your passion and you have a high demand on technically very good code
- You have good knowledge and experience in many of the following technologies: Ruby, Linux, cloud hosting, Redis, git and also have experience with HTML/CSS/JS
- You have experience in operating applications under Linux
- You already have experience with agile development processes like Scrum, BDD, Specs
- You can communicate well and discuss your approach objectively
- Experience in the financial industry is a plus
- You have a good command of German as well as a very good command of written and spoken English
What makes United Signals so special for developers?
- We want you to live out your passion for programming and to contribute your thoughts and ideas to our processes on a daily basis
- Open communication is the way to go for us. We are looking for someone who wants to get involved and questions things, rather than someone who just works his/her tasks off.
- Our values are not just empty phrases, but everyday life. You will find respect, independence, responsibility and appreciation with us anytime.
- Software development is our passion, and our team has a high demand on good code craftsmanship
- In our flat hierarchy and open feedback culture, we encourage independent work with your own choice of methods
- Trusted working hours and the option to work 100% remotely
- We recognize your potential and encourage your further development
- You can choose whether you prefer to work in the frontend or the backend
- We also do a lot of development in Clojure and ClojureScript. If you are interested in gaining experience with a functional language, we will give you the opportunity to do so
- We run our servers ourselves at a cloud hoster, so DevOps is also open to you
Our product development is currently in a hot phase and we need a real team player who is enthusiastic and willing to get stuck in.
If curiosity gets the better of you and you want to try something new, we guarantee that we will give you the freedom to do so.
If this position appeals to you and you want to work on a new kind of product and develop yourself further, please contact us at any time via mail at [email protected]
or apply here
About United Signals
United Signals supports companies with software-as-a-service solutions in the digitalization of customer offerings as well as the automation of work processes within and outside the financial sector. Especially among banks, asset managers and other professional financial service providers, United Signals has been able to establish a strong name for itself.